LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tachometer Not Working

Old 12-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
sillageman is on a distinguished road
sillageman's Tacoma Gallery
Tachometer Not Working

So my Rpm tachometer died on me a few days ago. This is what happened: I'm stuck behind a idiot who is driving 10 to 15mph and taking up the whole road. Eventually I got a chance to overtake and I planted the boot in rage. I had to be redlining when I passed him. As soon as I passed him I stopped at a traffic lights and the truck died. It never died before or since. It started back up immediately and was fine.
A little later I noticed the tach was not reading any rpms. The other repercussion is that my remote start will not work . It will crank the engine but stop just short of actually starting. I would love to hear your guys take on this and thanks all in advance for your time
Old 12-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'd check the fuses first. Your remote start probably has a sensor to check the RPMs, without that feedback from your Tach, it is probably not going to work correctly.