Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4cyl Double Cabs - Any gitty-up issues?

Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
4cyl Double Cabs - Any gitty-up issues?

Hey guys! I know this may be somewhere if I dig, but a friend just emailed and is looking at a 2004 Double Cab, 4cyl.

Is there any issues with a 4 cyl on a doublecab frame, ie, slow or unresponsive? I told him as long as he's not towing alot, he should be fine, but wanted to confirm with you guys. You would think a v6 would be required on a double-cab frame, but does it really make a big difference?

Hoping for a quick response so I can get back to him asap

Thank you!!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Rdy2offrd88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Rdy2offrd88's Tacoma Gallery
I have a double cab V6 not a 4 banger but like you said I think as long as he isn't doing any towing he should be alright.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
my access cab 4 banger is alright, but only because I have a 5 speed. Auto I heard is a complete slug. He just needs to test drive it and see firsthand.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks fellas. Yea, I told him he would really need to drive it to see if its going to be an issue. I posed the same questions on the 4 cyl thread and got pretty much the same thing. Its going to be slower, but he really needs to drive it.

Thanks dudes!