Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Retro fit source kits. Any good? Which kit to buy?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
552Jrider will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeremy
552Jrider's Tacoma Gallery
Retro fit source kits. Any good? Which kit to buy?

Was wonering if anyone has used any of the retro fit source kits. If so which one did you use? And If you have any pics so i can see what they look like in a first gen. Thanks
Old 05-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
I have no personal experience, but have seen a few. They look good. Heard great things about their customer service. I plan on getting the FXR's or Morimoto Minis and doing the conversion. There are a few write ups on here...sorry can't link from my phone.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I have the morimoto mini h1 kit. Awesome light output, cheap and easy to install. As mentioned, TRS has awesome customer service too
Old 05-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I have the morimoto mini h1 kit. Awesome light output, cheap and easy to install. As mentioned, TRS has awesome customer service too
does that kit come with everything needed?
Old 05-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 552Jrider View Post
does that kit come with everything needed
It does. Only thing I added extra was re-sealing glue for the lights, which isnt 100% needed.
The kit had everything.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
It does. Only thing I added extra was re-sealing glue for the lights, which isnt 100% needed.
The kit had everything.
k. which bulb would you recommend. ive read that some people like the 4300 and some like the 5000
Old 05-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #7
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the mini h1's with 5k bulbs and I love them.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
I have the mini h1's with 5k bulbs and I love them.
K thanks for all the help. Think im gonna get some stuff ordered soon and get it done. My stock lights suck
Old 05-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #9

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
4300k is what all OEMs use. It has the most useable light and will give the best lighting possible. 5000k is slightly blue, which looks "cool" to some people, but it produces less lumens (less bright). 6000k-8000k is pretty blue, and less lumens as you go higher. Any higher Kelvin the color chart goes a bit wild with purples, pinks, greens, etc. Lower than 4300k goes more yellow like your classic halogen bulb.

I have the H1 4300k because I personally care for function over form.
The Morimoto minis only have two bulb options H1 and DS2. Both are great and both have their strengths and weaknesses but you cant really go wrong with either.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #10

Got it done. I love the halos

Retro fit source kits. Any good? Which kit to buy?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1338241629.553203.jpg
Old 11-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #12
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
guess doing one of these on a 98-00 is pointless cuz of the lense not being clear?
Old 11-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
my roommate has a 99 and he just picked up some fleabay clear headlight housings for pretty cheap and did a retro in that. turned out pretty well!