Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

5,500 bucks for 330k taco?

Old 05-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
WestWA is on a distinguished road
WestWA's Tacoma Gallery
5,500 bucks for 330k taco?

In my area there is a 1998 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 manual 3.4l for sale with 330k miles on it. Looks super clean also. However 5500 seems steep to me for the mileage I was thinking of offering around 4000 is that a good starting point? I would put up the Craigslist link but I am on my iPhone and am not sure how to copy entire web URL. Also is 330k too many miles? Should I look somewhere else?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Tap the URL so it highlights, tap it again and then hit the copy button that pops up, cove over here and double tap the area you post in, hit the paste button and voila.

And that price does seem a little steep for a 14 year old truck with over 300K on it.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I don't think I'd touch it unless it had been gone through by a mechanic. 330k miles is a lot, even for a Toyota and things do wear out.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
WestWA's Tacoma Gallery
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/2996929192.html
Old 05-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Not to mention the air bag light and seat belt lights are on.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Price seems a little hi for that many miles.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
That is a lot of miles...Depending on condition, and what is done to it, it may be worth that, but I doubt it. Id prob offer 3-4 for it and call it a day at that if you're interested in something with that high of mileage...
Old 05-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #8
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
lol who's asking 12k+ for rigs with over 200k miles?

price is too high.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
lol who's asking 12k+ for rigs with over 200k miles?

price is too high.
My Runner was 12K and it had 108,000 miles, plus they're worth a bit more money in SoCal because used 4x4 4Runners are not too easy to find nor do they have rust issues. This guy is dumb.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #10
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
My Runner was 12K and it had 108,000 miles, plus they're worth a bit more money in SoCal because used 4x4 4Runners are not too easy to find nor do they have rust issues. This guy is dumb.
i paid 8k for mine with 146k on it.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #11
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Yes, way to high..insurance gave me $8,000 for my 96 tacoma when it was totaled..that had 146,000 miles on it
Old 05-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #12
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
1,000 to 2,000 , do not pay more, that truck will require maintenance and parts will need replacing, even Toyotas wear out.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #13
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
i'd say the truck would worth no more than 4k average retail is 3900.00 for washington
Old 05-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdaniel1274 View Post
1,000 to 2,000 , do not pay more, that truck will require maintenance and parts will need replacing, even Toyotas wear out.
I'd say closer to 3k
Old 05-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #15
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Super clean truck maybe worth 2k-3k depending on how it drives. Not worth 5k at all.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #16
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, x42957805932 on the 'not worth it' part, but regardless of that I would shy away from buying that truck because the poster seems like a total moron. If you can't spell things correctly (you have a computer...look up words if you need to) besides a simple typo, then you don't deserve my money. That's my basic rule, but I do leave a little room to break it if I really want to.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #17
Browncoat
Stoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to allStoic is a name known to all

Stoic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...everyone online is asking around $12,000 for the rigs with over 200k miles so mine is priced right...
Hah, I like that part, "Everyone". Everyone who's an idiot. I was looking at 04's for about a year and anything approaching 200k was heavily discounted. As in $3-5k less than lower mileage trucks.

Sounds like the owner put a lot of money into tricking out the truck and wants to make that back.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #18
Tacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
Tacomadude89's Tacoma Gallery
That price sounds about right for one with that kind of mileage in this area. Infact, it probably won't last long either.

Normally these are listed in the teens + in the Seattle area, regardless of mileage. Yes, it's actually true. Really.

Have a look.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1279318059814

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...s-my-area.html

Now you'll know where to go when and if that day ever comes you feel like selling your first gen if you want top dollar.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #19
WestWA's Tacoma Gallery
So with it having this high of miles what should I look for as far as what is going to be needing replaced? Or should I completely stay away from this?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #20
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
Yes, x42957805932 on the 'not worth it' part, but regardless of that I would shy away from buying that truck because the poster seems like a total moron. If you can't spell things correctly (you have a computer...look up words if you need to) besides a simple typo, then you don't deserve my money. That's my basic rule, but I do leave a little room to break it if I really want to.
this too, I always avoid the retards that don't even have the common sense to use proper grammar and spelling in an advertisement. It generally shows that they are incompetent and are unable to properly maintain the vehicle.