Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2nd Gen springs on 1st Gen struts?

Old 05-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cam
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen springs on 1st Gen struts?

More specifically I was wondering if I could mount 2nd Gen TRD coils on my 1st Gen Bilstein 5100 struts and how much lift would I get at the first or second settings?
Old 05-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblum View Post
More specifically I was wondering if I could mount 2nd Gen TRD coils on my 1st Gen Bilstein 5100 struts and how much lift would I get at the first or second settings?
IIRC I set some 2nd gen coils on my 5100 & although I think they sat on the perch correctly , They were actually shorter than my stock coils so didn't even go any further, they were off members (Gregero) SWB 2nd gen prerunner, maybe the 4x coils are heavier ( for sure they'd have to be I'd think) Thats as far as I've gotten, but a set of Eibachs for the 1st gens gives a true 3" & they're really not that expensive so I'm gonna just get the Eibach's & call it a day, but if you do it for sure post up results...
Old 05-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
IIRC I set some 2nd gen coils on my 5100 & although I think they sat on the perch correctly , They were actually shorter than my stock coils so didn't even go any further, they were off members (Gregero) SWB 2nd gen prerunner, maybe the 4x coils are heavier ( for sure they'd have to be I'd think) Thats as far as I've gotten, but a set of Eibachs for the 1st gens gives a true 3" & they're really not that expensive so I'm gonna just get the Eibach's & call it a day, but if you do it for sure post up results...
Interesting... so the same Eibach coils on a 2nd Gen give 1.6" of lift, but 3" on a 1st Gen but the stock 2nd Gen coils are actually shorter?
Old 05-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Interesting... so the same Eibach coils on a 2nd Gen give 1.6" of lift, but 3" on a 1st Gen but the stock 2nd Gen coils are actually shorter?

Wierd as fuck . I know...
Old 05-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cam
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
Length isn't the only thing that matters, stiffness has to count for something too.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblum View Post
Length isn't the only thing that matters, stiffness has to count for something too.
Quoted because that could easily be sig worthy