Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How do you think 16" TRD cast aluminum rims would look on a Gold 1998?

Old 05-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
Killer is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
How do you think 16" TRD cast aluminum rims would look on a Gold 1998?

First off, I have no idea of what is cool rims or not. I normally just stay with the OEM stuff.

Anyway my son is complaining about his truck vibrating with his deep lug Big Horn mud tires. I told him with his job this summer, he could buy him some new rims and tires. To have one set for street driving and one set for mud riding.

His truck is a 1st Generation 1998 Gold TRD xTended cab. These rims are off a 2nd Generation 2006 Pre-Runner. I wanted to know if they would fit and how they might look? If anyone has any pics, please let me know!

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
How do you think 16" TRD cast aluminum rims would look on a Gold 1998?-rims14.jpg   How do you think 16" TRD cast aluminum rims would look on a Gold 1998?-rims22.jpg  
Old 05-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
First off, I have no idea of what is cool rims or not. I normally just stay with the OEM stuff.

Anyway my son is complaining about his truck vibrating with his deep lug Big Horn mud tires. I told him with his job this summer, he could buy him some new rims and tires. To have one set for street driving and one set for mud riding.

His truck is a 1st Generation 1998 Gold TRD xTended cab. These rims are off a 2nd Generation 2006 Pre-Runner. I wanted to know if they would fit and how they might look? If anyone has any pics, please let me know!

Thanks

I have bighorns and i dont vibrate at all, I think he might have a bad wheel bearing or two
Old 05-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Killer is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
I have bighorns and i dont vibrate at all, I think he might have a bad wheel bearing or two
How do you go about checking for a bad wheel bearing?

The tires are a little over a year old. Rotated and balanced every 5,000 miles. Aligned twice in the past year.

The truck vibrates anything over 60 mph.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Those wheels will fit depending on what size tires he wants to run
Old 05-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Yes they will fit and I think they would look great!!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
I like the wheels. Looks good
Old 05-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
How do you go about checking for a bad wheel bearing?

The tires are a little over a year old. Rotated and balanced every 5,000 miles. Aligned twice in the past year.

The truck vibrates anything over 60 mph.
Jack it up and try to move the tire side to side with your hands if it moves, bad wheel bearing
Old 05-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #8

and ive had my tires for like 6 months dont vibe at all
Old 05-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #9
Geo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
Geo Taco's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is black, but I do have those rims if you would like to just see how they look on a truck. I have also painted the aluminum ring black. Just a note: If you do get those, make sure that you get a set of lug nuts designed to be used with them.
There are a few pics of them on my truck in my gallery, linked beow.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s.../65583/cat/500
Old 05-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Those rims would look good.