Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tranny pops into neutral easily

Old 05-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #1
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Tranny pops into neutral easily

Like the title says my transmission will pop into neutral when I go over even small bumps or whoops now. It use to only do it on big hits, but now I pretty much have to drive with a hand holding it in gear(offroading of course). I've read about adjusting the linkage;
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...age+adjustment

But is there a more solid or permanent fix anyone knows of? Mine will go from 1st to neutral so easy it sucks! Any help is appreciated!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post
Like the title says my transmission will pop into neutral when I go over even small bumps or whoops now. It use to only do it on big hits, but now I pretty much have to drive with a hand holding it in gear(offroading of course). I've read about adjusting the linkage;
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...age+adjustment

But is there a more solid or permanent fix anyone knows of? Mine will go from 1st to neutral so easy it sucks! Any help is appreciated!
So your auto? If so you need to adjust the linkage so it goes completely into gear, if manual, you have a bad shift fork.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I'm auto, sorry that may be useful.

No body lift!!!!

My shifter lines up perfect with the gear it's in, when in drive it shows perfectly in drive. I've seen some not line up well which would lead me to linkage adjustment. Even if it lines up adjusting the linkage will fix this problem? Also will it still line up after? I'll check the tranny mounts again before I adjust the linkage.