Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lift kit?

Old 05-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
IrmoRabbidMoose is on a distinguished road

Name: Jay
IrmoRabbidMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Lift kit?

Hey guys, I'm thinking on lifting my '04 PreRunner and I'm thinking on doing a 3" spacer in the front and a 2" AAL in the rear. I don't want my truck to look huge, I just want a nice looking Taco that doesn't have the "nose to the ground" look. Anyone else have any better setups or suggestions? Any help is appreciated!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #3

Wow, that was a lot of help quick! So with the install of 5100's I would have to go and buy larger coils with that as well? I'm just trying to make my truck level off or have that "Squatting" look on it. I'm not looking to go all out, it's only a double cab prerunner.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
5100s could be used with stock coils but would be better with OME or Eibach coils.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
5100s could be used with stock coils but would be better with OME or Eibach coils.
what he said,

Bilstein 5100's are adjustable...so you set the bilsteins on 2.5'' with the stock coil (but you are worsening the ride because you are preloading the coils) Or you can set the bilsteins on "0" and use a lift coil like eibach or OME (better ride, no preloading). Depending on what OME coil you choose you can get 2-3'' of lift...and the eibachs give around 3''.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
What up Irmo!?!? Class of 99' here.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
no spacers IMO just do it right the first time and go with a complete lift
Old 05-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
Country101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to all
Country101's Tacoma Gallery
Most everybody will steer you away from blocks and spacers unless they are very small. A full suspension lift would be your best bet. OME or a toytech ultimate lift seems to be pretty popular and has good reviews. There are some other options if those are not in your price range. Just spend some time looking. I just installed my OME kit and am still learning things I would have liked to have known before.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #10

I heard class of '99. I'm class of '09! Yeah like I said I'm not going for anything major, just a smaller leveling kit around 3" on the front. I'd like to stay away from AAL so it sounds like the best bet is the 5100's and a larger coil?
Old 05-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #11

And if I go with the 5100's and a 3" lifting coils in the front would I have to do anything to the rear besides the 5100's? I'm new to the whole "lifting" thing, so you guys are going to have to forgive me. I've spent all my time lowering cars
Old 05-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #12
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
I did OME struts all around and 885s and UCAs up front. In the rear I have the TSB and AAL.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #13
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrmoRabbidMoose View Post
And if I go with the 5100's and a 3" lifting coils in the front would I have to do anything to the rear besides the 5100's? I'm new to the whole "lifting" thing, so you guys are going to have to forgive me. I've spent all my time lowering cars
5100s in the rear will give you a better ride but no lift. The springs do all the lifting (or where you mount them with the 5100s in the front). I put OME 885s up front & Dakar leaf packs in back and got 3" lift front & rear.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #14
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You will have to do something in the rear to make it level, unless you want "bro lean."

An AAL or whole new leaf pack will do the trick.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #15
quattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bruce
quattrokiwi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
I did OME struts all around and 885s and UCAs up front. In the rear I have the TSB and AAL.
that's really relevant to a first gen
Old 05-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #16

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm leaning towards the 5100's on the front and rear and the lift coils on the front and probably an AAL in the rear as well. I appreciate everyone's input as it was greatly appreciated
Old 05-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #17
bpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud of
Name: Jon
bpkrules's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
I hear the best way to lift a truck is by using search bars.
But he got so much extra info from the 2nd gens. Thanks for helping 2nd gens!!!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #18
bpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud of
Name: Jon
bpkrules's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm leaning towards the 5100's on the front and rear and the lift coils on the front and probably an AAL in the rear as well. I appreciate everyone's input as it was greatly appreciated
edit
HI
Old 05-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #19

One more questions guys, what is the best AAL to get for the rear? I'm looking at an OME
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Would this go well with the 5100's all the way around and the Eibach coils up front?
Old 05-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #20
Longtime Toyman

I think it's Wheelers that makes a 3 leaf AAL that I've heard good things about.
Didn't pay much attention because I wanted and/or had a full leaf pack.