Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My First Truck >:D

Old 05-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
HERP DERP
Buy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud of

Name: Matt
Buy1Get1Freee's Tacoma Gallery
My First Truck >:D

Well I have owned a car (Pontiac Vibe , worst vehicle ever...) for a while, go back and forth to school, work and what not. And finally had enough money to buy my first truck, since I always wanted one. I was debating on a Ford Ranger FX4, or a Tacoma TRD. I looked and looked and finally came across a 2001 3.4L v6 Tacoma TRD and fell in love at first sight! It was in mint condition, other then the rear locker actuator which had a hole in it and filled with salt in sand.

Couple things that I need already:

- New headlight assemblies. (Old, scratched, and yellowish)
- Rain guards for driver side.

This is my first Tacoma, is there anything I should look out for? I did some research, but didn't find much...
Attached Thumbnails
My First Truck >:D-2001-tacoma-2.jpg   My First Truck >:D-2001-tacoma.jpg   My First Truck >:D-2001-tacoma-3.jpg  
Old 05-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Nicee! love my 01 extended cab. v6 3.4L same truck and i can assure u it will hold up to more then u could imagine! great truck and welcome to TW
Old 05-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
Deathcure is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Deathcure's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buy1Get1Freee View Post
This is my first Tacoma, is there anything I should look out for? I did some research, but didn't find much...
Gratz and welcome to TW, and if u are on here much u will miss your paychecks with all the mods u can do to your truck.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Congrads on your tacoma. Nice lokking truck. You will have a lot of fun not only driving it but doing mods to it .
Old 05-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #6
Bahurim is on a distinguished road
Air Force: SERE
Name: Mike
Bahurim's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Really nice truck.

If it has 90k or more miles I would look at getting the timing belt and water pump changed. If it has been changed then there should be a sticker on the belt housing in front saying at what mileage it was changed.

Lots and lots to read and learn here, have fun with it!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
HERP DERP
Buy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud ofBuy1Get1Freee has much to be proud of

Name: Matt
Buy1Get1Freee's Tacoma Gallery
Just did the grey wire mod this afternoon, it works perfect, but the RR Locker light is flashing all the time. I read up about it and people say it's a bad ground? I re-did the ground a couple times to different areas and the light still blinks...? Any ideas?
Old 05-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW and nice tacoma.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #9
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice, you should be happy. The thing I would look for is frame rust, especially in salty conditions. Some of the Tacoma frames can rust quite badly. My 1996 is now in the shop getting a new starter motor. The 3.4 will last a long time if taken care of.
Good luck!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
Fuentes has much to be proud ofFuentes has much to be proud ofFuentes has much to be proud ofFuentes has much to be proud ofFuentes has much to be proud ofFuentes has much to be proud ofFuentes has much to be proud ofFuentes has much to be proud ofFuentes has much to be proud of

Marines:
Fuentes's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from California. She's beautiful!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Awesome truck. I have the exact same truck
Old 05-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #12
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathcure View Post
Gratz and welcome to TW, and if u are on here much u will miss your paychecks with all the mods u can do to your truck.
X2