Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front bumper lights issue

Old 05-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
"You've Got Red on You"
SRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Damon
SRQ TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Front bumper lights issue

Ok, I just received my amber 1156 LEDs that i bought off ebay and tried installing them on the front signals. For some reason, when I install them, they do not light up. I know these LEDs work because after fumbling around with them for a while, I decided to install them on the rear signals (also 1156) to verify that they work. And sure enough they work on the rear signals. I first assumed that maybe that my fuse went out, but if I install the original bulbs back, the light comes on. Anyone experience this problem?
Old 05-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
To secure peace, is to prepare for war
TacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacomaJPP's Tacoma Gallery
Yep. LEDS are polarity sensitive. Try flipping the bulb.

Also, some of the LEDs seem to have a thinner insert and they sometimes don't make good contact. Try to spring the contacts within the truck's connector out some more to assist in making contact.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
"You've Got Red on You"
SRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Damon
SRQ TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJPP View Post
Yep. LEDS are polarity sensitive. Try flipping the bulb.

Also, some of the LEDs seem to have a thinner insert and they sometimes don't make good contact. Try to spring the contacts within the truck's connector out some more to assist in making contact.
Tried both of those things and nothing!
Old 05-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Use them on the rear and get some different ones for the front?