Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HELP!!

Old 05-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
curtis is on a distinguished road
Name: Curtis
curtis's Tacoma Gallery
HELP!!

I hear a clunk sound when i make right and left hand turns. its not everytime that i know of.nd im not sure if its from the front or rear. any ideas??
Old 05-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
ball joints, tie rod ends
Old 05-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
Ga tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rudy
Ga tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
If you can provide a little more information and clarification, someone may be able to know what your problem is.When you say that you turn, is it a gentle turn like at a stop light turning left or right or is it a full lock to lock turn in a street ? Do you hear it on level ground or rough roads ? Have you any suspension modifications to your truck and how many miles are on your Taco ?

If you could answer those questions, I am sure you will find an answer.
Good Luck.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Grab the drive shaft and make sure the center bearing does not have excessive play side to side.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
curtis is on a distinguished road
Name: Curtis
curtis's Tacoma Gallery
I hear the noise making both left and right on the pavement. its not when im stopped but moving and not at full lock. my truck has 165xxx miles and no mods. i am going to check the carrier bearing.
Thanks for the help
Old 05-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
cmf21 is on a distinguished road
cmf21's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same problem when I make left and right turns or backing out of the driveway. It's driving me nuts. Sounds like it's coming from the rear. I had the ujoints checked out, center carrier bearing replaced, etc. Don't know what it could be unless my rear end is shot or my front ball joints which need replacing.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #8
mixaro is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
mixaro's Tacoma Gallery
oh man i hope it isn't the same thing that happened to me, mine was doing the same thing. Mine ended up being the double cardan joint was shot, which we all know is a PIA to repair. I just ended up getting a one piece from tom woods for $475 and it solved all my problems.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #9
VintageFast will become famous soon enoughVintageFast will become famous soon enough
Name: Jim
VintageFast's Tacoma Gallery
Same here but mainly when I turned left. Replaced the sway bar bushings and all is fine. Took about an hour.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
OP - just an FYI but thread titles of "help" are against forum rules....

Good luck, but without more info and proper info everyone is purely guessing at your issues