Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma gas door

Old 05-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
scalfee90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
scalfee90's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma gas door

I have a 99 tacoma and im tired of unlocking the gas door. So is there somewhere I can buy a 01 to 04 gas door?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalfee90 View Post
I have a 99 tacoma and im tired of unlocking the gas door. So is there somewhere I can buy a 01 to 04 gas door?
You can have trade with me. The little plastic tab broke from romping around the desert. I just use velcro to keep it close.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I actually prefer having a locking door. I am paranoid about things like that.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
For the noob here, does the lock use the ignition key or a different key?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #7
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowroxKT View Post
For the noob here, does the lock use the ignition key or a different key?
Same key for ignition and gas door for me on my '99
Old 05-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #8
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Same key for ignition and gas door for me on my '99
cool, thanks!
Old 05-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
scalfee90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
scalfee90's Tacoma Gallery
Theres not many places that have toys in bama
Old 05-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #10
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
My 96 had the locking door, but the lock latch broke off and the PO just screwed in a magnet to hold the door closed. I really liked it...the appearance of security with the convenience of a normal door! It never came open either.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #11
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
My 96 had the locking door, but the lock latch broke off and the PO just screwed in a magnet to hold the door closed. I really liked it...the appearance of security with the convenience of a normal door! It never came open either.
How did he screw in a magnet? I need to do this, damn velcro doesn't hold up
Old 12-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #12
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ I need this also!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #13
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbauman92 View Post
^^^ I need this also!
I ended up just getting two earth magnets. They hold up well and I did not screw them in , sometimes they let the door open after hard hits offroad.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Huh, I really don't mind the gas door, to be honest I prefer the lock.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #15
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
you can swap the plastic ring and gas door off a 01-04 and it will work fine.