Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1inch spacer + 3 in lift from fox CO's???

Old 05-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
1inch spacer + 3 in lift from fox CO's???

Alright so i got the rear end suspension pretty much finished up. it sits a bit stink bug(rear end high) and i want to have a some bro lean. the back is quite a bit higher saying i have all pro leaf pack (3in lift) and fox 2.0 resis. so in order to get the front higher then the back without getting LT or 6in lift, can i get the Fox CO resi's (cranked to 3in lift) and put a 1in top spacer on those? Im just curious to see if this will work. im 2wd so no CV angles to worry about. and i am puttin on 1in uniball upper control arms. just dont know if the spacer will lift it an extra in so im +4" lift in the front?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
coilovers come with a hat, I wouldnt put a spacer on this...........

EDIT: unless the manufacturer gives the green light. well, NO I personally still wouldnt

try spindles and see how it looks
alright. well hopeully the leafs settle more because there still really new. also took 2 leafs out per side. so ill run the CO's up front at 3in lift and see if that levels it out and over time back wears in good to be tad bit lower

Spindles for my truck, since its a first gen, are like 1500! i plan on just gusseting those up later
Old 05-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #3

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Run around with 200lbs of play sand in the back over the axle for a while if u want to accelerate the settling. Head to lowes, home depot, etc. Save ur reciept, take it back later if u have no use.

sorry, I brain farted and didnt realize this was 1st gen section, just seen suspension oriented.
haha ya i got the sand in there the first two weeks. killed milage. still have 16 salt pellet bags i was using and it was about 800lbs of stuff haha settled it a little and looked like a nicee bro lean hahaha. but took it out for now. save me money on gas.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:32 AM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Never stack lifts
Old 05-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #5
D SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Dylan
D SPAID's Tacoma Gallery
What coilovers are you running upfront?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #6

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by D SPAID View Post
What coilovers are you running upfront?
putting fox CO's (coilovers) up front. resi's