Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OME Assembly Question(s)

Old 05-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Common Sense Ninja
thatSchusterguy is on a distinguished road
thatSchusterguy's Tacoma Gallery
Talking OME Assembly Question(s)

Bought nitrochargers/881's and need to know what strut mount I'm supposed to use.

I'm moving from coilovers, so I do not have the stock one to reuse, and the NAPA part (#904900) doesn't fit the shaft of the shock. Couldn't find one on any of the toyota websites and my dealershit is usually as helpful as a box of rocks with issues like this.

I'll be installing them sometime next week and will probably have a few more questions, but I'll try to take pictures and do a little bit of a write-up to pay back for my stupid questions.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
hossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud of
hossmaster's Tacoma Gallery
I would try calling Wheelers offroad, they sell them assembled. Maybe they can sell you the top plate by themselves. Otherwise you need to find a set of stock strut assemblies and salvage the top plate off of them.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/ometaco.htm
Old 05-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
DarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to behold

Name: Clark
DarkShark's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers will sell you just the top plates just ask Dan if they have some in stock.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
Common Sense Ninja
OK I'm into the installation and these fuckers are hard to get lined up, even using a bottle jack to push down on the UCA the lower bolt doesn't want to line up and the bracket for the bottom was way smaller than the strut...any advice?

Edit: Pulled it into place by tightening the top 3 bolts and used monkey rage to hammer the lower bolt in. All good in the hood.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I am so jealous of your OME setups. I thought I would be able to afford it this summer, but it's looking more like this fall, or possibly next summer.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
Common Sense Ninja
My hand was forced when I wrecked it and broke the spring on my camburg coilovers, looks like I may have picked up an inch or so of lift over where the coilovers were set at and I still need an alignment but it seems to do the job!

Also took me 3+ hrs to do the passenger side and a whole 35 min to do the drivers side...barely had time to drink my beer lol

And what's a thread without a picture of my success!?!?
Old 05-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #8
Common Sense Ninja
BTW to answer my original issue, the napa part had an included rubber piece that needed to be removed but worked perfectly after that, the mount did not fit on the shaft of the shock perfectly but neither did the $160 toyota parts. Long of the short don't try to think it through too much or you'll just hurt yourself