Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

where to find colored vacuum hoses?

Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
Bamahoyt is on a distinguished road

Name: Ted
Bamahoyt's Tacoma Gallery
where to find colored vacuum hoses?

I am going to do a full vacuum hose replacement in my engine bay and wanted to go with red hoses but cannot find what sizes I need nor where to get red hose either locally or by length online. Any help on measurements and sizes of hoses and places to get it locally would be awesome. I would do the measuring myself but will be out of town for another week before getting home and wanted to think ahead so I could get it done when I am back. Thanks
Old 05-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #2

has no one done this?
Old 05-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MIO-HOSE-10100RD/

not sure on what sizes you need are how many feet but heres a possible source.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
You can also try Jegs.com
Old 05-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #5

thanks for that! I have to find the sizes I need now. I searched the whole service manual and didn't find my sizes.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Look for the fitting it connects to for it's sizing info or use a vernier caliper on a junk yard motor and test diameters in the middle of the lines and if possibe buy the junky lines for cheap money cut them in half in the middle. Then measure wall thickness and inner diameter I know that sounds like alot of work and cost some but if you really want the info and toyota won't give it up ... You have to do what you have to do ...:} You can try to decipher the info on the lines like bryan139 suggests I would not hold much hope to be able to find the info that way as they are most likely contract supplied and marked how ever toyota dictated which might only mean something to toyota engineers but give it a shot.

Cypher

Check with these guys http://www.boostcontroller.com/index.php?category=8
Old 05-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #8
I have a spectacular aura
Bryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud of

Bryan139's Tacoma Gallery
Shouldn't it be printed on the side of the hoses that are on there now?