Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which leaf to remove from OME Dakar leaf pack

Old 05-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
tacoma725 is on a distinguished road
Name: Luke
tacoma725's Tacoma Gallery
Which leaf to remove from OME Dakar leaf pack

I about a 2 inch lift on the from and am hoping to get my OME leafs on clean the first shot. Anyone have any suggestions on which leaf(s) or overload springs to remove? Also apart from the two smaller retaining clips on the top three leafs, there is a larger clip over 5 of the 6 leaf/overloads springs, what do i do with this?

Thanks
Old 05-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma725 View Post
I about a 2 inch lift on the from and am hoping to get my OME leafs on clean the first shot. Anyone have any suggestions on which leaf(s) or overload springs to remove? Also apart from the two smaller retaining clips on the top three leafs, there is a larger clip over 5 of the 6 leaf/overloads springs, what do i do with this?

Thanks
Just tackled this today with the help of 4wd(Doug). If the first gen dakars are anything like the second gen, then you can only remove the longer overload. As the larger retaining clip is attached to the shorter(bottom) overload.

So, undo the retaining clips, unbolt the center pin, and remove the longer overload. put everything back together and you should be good to go. Hope this helps
Old 05-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
tacoma725 is on a distinguished road
Name: Luke
tacoma725's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah that helps. Also do you know if my existing shocks will work still? Their fairly new and i don't want to replace them yet if i don't need to. They are just generic autostore shocks that fit factory, seemed to work ok with my last pack that had an AAL but was sagging.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Depends on what the extended and collapsed length are for your shocks. Im sure there are others out there running dakars on a first gen that will chime in.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post
Just tackled this today with the help of 4wd(Doug). If the first gen dakars are anything like the second gen, then you can only remove the longer overload. As the larger retaining clip is attached to the shorter(bottom) overload.

So, undo the retaining clips, unbolt the center pin, and remove the longer overload. put everything back together and you should be good to go. Hope this helps
HA! , dejavue.... just did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma725 View Post
Yeah that helps. Also do you know if my existing shocks will work still? Their fairly new and i don't want to replace them yet if i don't need to. They are just generic autostore shocks that fit factory, seemed to work ok with my last pack that had an AAL but was sagging.

Depends, whatcha runnin' now ??
Old 05-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #6
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Actually on the 2nd Gens , ARB recommends removing the third leaf down from the top , not the overload(s)
Old 05-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
Skewpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Actually on the 2nd Gens , ARB recommends removing the third leaf down from the top , not the overload(s)
Well, I didn't want to effect the ride, just loose a little bit of rake that I had. Plus, no more squeaking
Old 05-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #9
Skewpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyfield19 View Post
Maybe silly question but: why are you removing leafs from the pack? Is is just to drop the lift height a little?
Just one of the overloads. Dakars have two. And yes, just for ride heigth.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #10
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, I didn't want to effect the ride, just loose a little bit of rake that I had. Plus, no more squeaking
Interesting

My Dakar squeak has always originated where the leafs wrap the front hanger and there is no isolator
Old 04-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #12
anamorphic is on a distinguished road
anamorphic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just one of the overloads. Dakars have two. And yes, just for ride heigth.
How much height to you lose by removing an overload?
I'm having Dakars installed today and trying to figure out if it's going to look ridiculous with the front setup I have. 5100's @1.75
Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #13
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
^ currious myself. Ill have to take one out when I do the shackle flip. Anyone done this recently?

Bump the old thread!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #14
Skewpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamorphic View Post
I'm having Dakars installed today and trying to figure out if it's going to look ridiculous with the front setup I have. 5100's @1.75
However thick the overload is. 5/8? 3/4? Not sure
Old 05-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This

You would lose the thickness of the overload , approx 5/8"
Old 05-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #16
Skewpage

Your dakars still squeaking on ya a little?
Old 05-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Your dakars still squeaking on ya a little?
Since I did my EPDM strips , they only squeak when it's dry and they get covered in fine dirt or grit , hosing them out clears that up
Old 05-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #18
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamorphic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
^ currious myself. Ill have to take one out when I do the shackle flip. Anyone done this recently?

Bump the old thread!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
This

You would lose the thickness of the overload , approx 5/8"

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post5696079