Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wet Okole cooler than stock cloth seats?

Old 05-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #1
texastaco81 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
texastaco81's Tacoma Gallery
Wet Okole cooler than stock cloth seats?

What you guys think? Notice any difference in the hot summers?
Old 05-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
I have had seat covers on my sins almost day one. So I realy cannt remember what the stock felt like. But I will say this that I really do like these seat covers. In fact I like them so much that I got a set for my wifes rav 4 and she even likes them. Thay fit and look great!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
capt213 is on a distinguished road

capt213's Tacoma Gallery
I have wet okole's in my truck and they're very rugged. I'm a commercial fisherman and there's usually all sorts of fish blood and guts stuck to me when I climb in the truck after work. Not to mention random sharp stuff that gets tossed on the passengers seat. They get dirty or smelly, take em out and hose them off. Not any hotter than cloth seats after cooking in the sun all day either.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
capt213 is on a distinguished road

capt213's Tacoma Gallery
Also, they fit perfectly. There's no bunching up of the neoprene and they're still snug everywhere they're supposed to be after having them for a few years. They retain the look of the stock seats
Old 05-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
bubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bubbagumps's Tacoma Gallery
From my experience with Wet Okele, it is not that it gets much hotter, it's just that it is made of neoprene, so it retains heat a lot longer. It takes a longer time for neoprene to cool down and reach thermal equilibrium with the environment than other materials you find covering seats. That's why it is used as an insulator in wet suits and other outdoor applications--it doesn't like to cool down or heat up quickly. But once it gets hot, it stays hot for a long time, especially if the temp difference between the seat and the interior of the car is pretty close.

With that baing said, I did not find it a deal-breaker. But it will(any neoprene will) give you a case of sweaty butt in the summer once it has baked in the sun for a few hours. Again, it won't get any hotter than your other seats, it will just stay hot for a while and warm your butt, espcially if you are wearting shorts.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
texastaco81 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
texastaco81's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know of a seat cover that is designed to be cool/breath more? My first thought would be some sort of mesh