Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help needed with 98 Tacoma

Old 05-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
bellaroxio is on a distinguished road
bellaroxio's Tacoma Gallery
Help needed with 98 Tacoma

98 SR5 4-wheel drive extended Cab.
My partially new truck (new engine, tranny, radiator, carpet, bed liner, headliner) was stolen. We just recovered it. Due to fact that is was being worked on for the past 3 years, no insurance.
I need to go to craiglist, junk yard.. for the following items. May I know what other years these items came with so I can widen my search:
Front Seats (mine were not electrical)
Center storage bin (one between the seats)
Dash around the radio

Thanks so much for your help
Old 05-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
1995-2000 parts should be the same. If you can find one, A "Limited" will have a better drivers bucket seat with more adjustments that you will appreciate on long drives.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
To secure peace, is to prepare for war
TacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacomaJPP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftree View Post
1995-2000 parts should be the same. If you can find one, A "Limited" will have a better drivers bucket seat with more adjustments that you will appreciate on long drives.
I think the dash would be 98 - 00.

Be careful with 2000 model items, that was a transition year and I've seen some half and half carryover/new stuff in that year.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaroxio View Post
98 SR5 4-wheel drive extended Cab.
My partially new truck (new engine, tranny, radiator, carpet, bed liner, headliner) was stolen. We just recovered it. Due to fact that is was being worked on for the past 3 years, no insurance.
I need to go to craiglist, junk yard.. for the following items. May I know what other years these items came with so I can widen my search:
Front Seats (mine were not electrical)
Center storage bin (one between the seats)
Dash around the radio

Thanks so much for your help
Assuming you mean bucket seats.

Get 01-04 seats as well as an 01-04 center console/cup holder assembly. Massive upgrades
Old 05-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
bellaroxio is on a distinguished road
bellaroxio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Assuming you mean bucket seats.

Get 01-04 seats as well as an 01-04 center console/cup holder assembly. Massive upgrades
Do the seats and center console from these years a direct bolt on? I bought a pair of seat from ?tacoma and would require (3) hours each from my mechanic to safety and correctly adapt to my truck.

Thanks so so much
Old 05-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
I had 01-04 buckets in my 98 single cab, they bolted up but had to punch out the holes near the center hump in the back of the cab and use a nut and bolt there. Otherwise it was a direct fit.