Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Transmission Crossmember Bolt Size? and check your fluids!

Old 05-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
Singlecab is on a distinguished road
Singlecab's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission Crossmember Bolt Size? and check your fluids!

Anyone know the size of the bolts that hold the crossmember to the frame that holds up the transmission? There are 4 bolts, they appear to be about 4 or 4.5" long and maybe a 12 or 10mm thread, with 14mm heads.

I don't have a Toyota dealership within 100 miles of me, so I'd like to just go to Napa and see what they have, or order the right bolt online... or if anyone here has a parts truck with one, let me know. I was under my truck today (1999 4x4 w/ 2.7L engine) and noticed I have one bolt of the 4 missing.

Also... friendly reminder to check your fluids. Both transfer cases were very low so I did a full drain and refill. Truck seems to be happy now!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
hossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud of
hossmaster's Tacoma Gallery
trdparts4u.com

http://www.trdparts4u.com/scripts/contactUs.asp

call these guys and get the correct part and probably for a slight discount.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlecab View Post
Anyone know the size of the bolts that hold the crossmember to the frame that holds up the transmission? There are 4 bolts, they appear to be about 4 or 4.5" long and maybe a 12 or 10mm thread, with 14mm heads.

I don't have a Toyota dealership within 100 miles of me, so I'd like to just go to Napa and see what they have, or order the right bolt online... or if anyone here has a parts truck with one, let me know. I was under my truck today (1999 4x4 w/ 2.7L engine) and noticed I have one bolt of the 4 missing.

Also... friendly reminder to check your fluids. Both transfer cases were very low so I did a full drain and refill. Truck seems to be happy now!

Just go to home depot and get a grade 8 bolt 4 1/2 inches long 14mm head