1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

supercharger oil

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Hambone155, May 22, 2012.

1. May 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    Hambone155

Hambone155 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    omaha
    Vehicle:
    Causing Butthurt is my job
    port and polish intake manifold, supercharger, pulley for charger, lifted, tires, deckplate, (doing full engine build)
    i now work for a gm car dealer and they have the ac delco s/c oil....... good or bad?

there are two plugs on the top of the piece that connects to the supercharger. it goes throttle body, part( assuming plentum) then superchager. there are two plugs on the top. open them up and there empty there are no coolant lines that run to them. they are completely closed i bellieve.

can anyone confirm that oil should go in these ports or what should?

2. May 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    Ripcord

Ripcord KM6PIM

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Northglenn, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Spruce Mica 2013 TRD-OR
    GM supercharger oil is the good stuff. Seriously, Its one of the few things they do right. Thats what I use.

And on the 3.4L superchagers, the oil is only in the nose cone part. On the grey ones, you have to remove the supercharger to change the oil and on the black ones you can suck it out and put new stuff in.

3. May 22, 2012 at 2:21 PM
    Hambone155

Member:
    omaha
    Vehicle:
    port and polish intake manifold, supercharger, pulley for charger, lifted, tires, deckplate, (doing full engine build)
    i know it goes in the snout. but im trying to figure out what thouse ports are on the conecting piece.

4. May 22, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    Ripcord

Ripcord KM6PIM

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Northglenn, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Spruce Mica 2013 TRD-OR
    Near the throttle body? Those are all vacuum ports. If you arent using them, they should be capped off. There are different ports for different vehicles that use the same engine.

Read this page, towards the bottom is diagrams of the ports: http://www.gadgetonline.com/Super.htm

5. May 22, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    Hambone155

Member:
    omaha
    Vehicle:
    they are six mm hex head plugs if you look at the link you posted and go all the way down to the trd kit. there are the three main bolts that go into the manifold 10mm on the top left side of the assemby these plugs im talking about are on the front left coner and rear left corner.

6. May 22, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    tacomaforlife

tacomaforlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    Its a Toyota what more is there to say.....
    TRD S/C 3" sky jacker suspension lift,33" kumho road venture mt kl71's 16" 320c pacer wheels,billet grill,EBC slotted and dimpled rotors,super 44 muffler with gutted cat,smoked l.e.d. tail lights, deck plate mod with K&N filter,fog/blinker mod,cobra cb with 4' firestick antenna/100W PA,clear corners with l.e.d bulbs,55w back up lights,urd O2 sim., blue l.e.d bulbs behind gauge cluster.
    i gotcha those go into the intake plenum not sure why they are there but when i cleaned my s/c i wondered where they went to as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top