Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bed extenders and tail light guards, opinions

Old 12-26-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
bed extenders and tail light guards, opinions

how do yall think some black tail light guards will look on my DC Tacoma, i have a brush guard (ill try to put a pic but its not of my truck) also black and my truck is silver

also what are yalls opinions on bed extenders?

also in the future i plan to add a decent lift new tired and wheels, a whole new exhaust sysem, can air filter, possibly a tint and if i can ever afford it takin out the brush guard and addin a schrock works bumper

also how do you install bed extenders and are they easy to take on/off

also the previous owner of my truck put a dumb lookin sticker where the trd stickers go, im plannin to get some for my truck and get a pro to install for free (friends lol) witch would look better?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...reFighter1.jpg

or

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...reFighter3.jpg

on a silver truck
Attached Thumbnails
bed extenders and tail light guards, opinions-2f8d_1_sbl.jpg   bed extenders and tail light guards, opinions-a252_1.jpg   bed extenders and tail light guards, opinions-bed-x5.jpg  
Old 12-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
Braaaaap!
Motoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to behold

Name: Caleb
Motoknuckle's Tacoma Gallery
Bed extenders come in handy, especially if you're a moto guy like me and use your Tacoma as a race hauler.

I personally think the tail light guards are just useless junk you can put on your truck, but that's just my opinion.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
any other opinions?
Old 12-26-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
love the brush guard man.........bout to get one myself. the tail light guards aren't too bad................if ya like them...get em'. and as far as decals..........check out sockmonkey's work.................awesome decals from him!!
Old 12-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #5
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
love the brush guard man.........bout to get one myself. the tail light guards aren't too bad................if ya like them...get em'. and as far as decals..........check out sockmonkey's work.................awesome decals from him!!
haha those are exactly whos they are if you want i can send a link to who sold me the brush guard it attaches at the recovery hook is easy to install and cost bout 230 bucks total
Old 12-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #6
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
i have a bed extender in my truck....love it

i use it for everything i put in the bed from groceries, to mountain biking gear, to whatever.

they are not hard to install but do take a little time to get right

Old 12-26-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
haha those are exactly whos they are if you want i can send a link to who sold me the brush guard it attaches at the recovery hook is easy to install and cost bout 230 bucks total
send me the link for the brushguard if ya have it handy!
Old 12-26-2008, 07:39 PM   #8
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
send me the link for the brushguard if ya have it handy!
for a 98-04 truck black http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-04...1%7C240%3A1318

they might get some for newer trucks later
Old 12-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #9

Quote:
for a 98-04 truck black http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-04...1%7C240%3A1318

they might get some for newer trucks later
cool...thanks, thats one of the ones i was looking at a while back. they dropped the price on these tho!
Old 12-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #10
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
theyre quite decent, i wouldnt reccomend pushing anything with it though, its exactly what is states, a brush guard
Old 12-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #11

Quote:
theyre quite decent, i wouldnt reccomend pushing anything with it though, its exactly what is states, a brush guard
yeah............if i was gonna be pushing anything...i'd get the shrockworks bumper, but i mostly offroad while going hunting and fishing, and i think it'll work well for that. and a good place to mount my hella 500's!
Old 12-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #12
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
i dont really like those fire decals. nothing wrong with being proud of what you do but getting decals of a maltese cross with trd emblem is a little over the top. to each their own though.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:41 PM   #13
What if God Smoked Cannabis
Bassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud of

Bassetdad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Bassetdad Send a message via AIM to Bassetdad Send a message via Yahoo to Bassetdad
I listened to my better half & drove 3 mile with my tailgate down once.
I now have a nasty dent/scratch in my tailgate as a reminder to listen to my inner voice the next time instead of the boss lady. A sales Rep was trying to talk me into a short bed double cab. When I pointed out the fact that the bed can't hold two bicycles he suggested the bed extender

Seen, done, did the rolling with the tailgate down.... once was enough....
Old 12-26-2008, 08:44 PM   #14
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
I think it comes in handy...

I have an access cab and only ended up needing it extended once. But, when in normal position the bed ext helps create a nice little boxed off area for whatever needs to stay put, ie... cooler, groceries, 5 gal water bottles, Help's by not letting everything bounce all over the bed.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #15
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
yeah............if i was gonna be pushing anything...i'd get the shrockworks bumper, but i mostly offroad while going hunting and fishing, and i think it'll work well for that. and a good place to mount my hella 500's!
yeah i looked into the shrockworks bumper it was a lil pricey

but the one i have now does a good job, however if i ever hit a deer i think id replace with shrockworks, same if i ever can afford a new truck
Old 12-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #16

Quote:
yeah i looked into the shrockworks bumper it was a lil pricey

but the one i have now does a good job, however if i ever hit a deer i think id replace with shrockworks, same if i ever can afford a new truck
here is the brush guard that im about to order........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...ayphotohosting
Old 12-26-2008, 09:00 PM   #17
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
here is the brush guard that im about to order........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...ayphotohosting
yeah it looks good, the only thing id worry bout with that one, and mine is if i get into a wreck it crashing into my engine block and totalling out my truck
Old 12-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #18

Quote:
yeah it looks good, the only thing id worry bout with that one, and mine is if i get into a wreck it crashing into my engine block and totalling out my truck
yeah...........with brushguards and bull bars........that is always something to think about. i may weld mine in place so it doesnt move to easily, but im not completely sure yet.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:17 PM   #19
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
yeah...........with brushguards and bull bars........that is always something to think about. i may weld mine in place so it doesnt move to easily, but im not completely sure yet.

i didnt weld mine and it is quite solid, i got some locking nuts and basicly torqued them on, i have to take it off for a moment in a month or two cause im missing a recovery loop, and thats gonna be a sun of a gun to get off. and back on i have to custom order locking nuts in that size cause its in metric :-(
Old 12-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #20
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
I've got the westin brushguard on my taco, here's a pic of what it looks like

and i wish i got the tail light guards too because of this

if i was you, i'd get the extender because dcabs are short on bed space especially if you haul atv's or bikes