Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Removing/re-installing rug: trouble with seatbelt panels

Old 05-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
beedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shed

beedoola's Tacoma Gallery
Removing/re-installing rug: trouble with seatbelt panels

I took my rug out on my taco to clean it. I removed all the paneling to get the rug loose to remove it. All the paneling comes out pretty easy but I couldn't get the seatbelt panels off. And there is a particular spot near the floor where the rug is difficult to get out; I'm not sure if I can get it back in without taking those panels off.

The panels start to come off but its the upper seatbelt mechanism that needs to come off- how do I take it off? Here is a pic of the cab.

If I don't need to take the paneling off completely, how do I get the rug back under the spot in the picture - has a box drawn around it. Near the floor.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
How did you remove the rug from under the panel with it in place?

Just pulled it out?

Can you just tuck it back under there when reinstalling it?
Old 05-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
beedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
How did you remove the rug from under the panel with it in place?

Just pulled it out?

Can you just tuck it back under there when reinstalling it?
yeah, just pulled it out, though it was tough getting it out in that spot and I imagine it will be even tougher getting in back in. Not sure if I even can, without taking that panel off, but I need to figure out how.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just looked at the parts list diagram and don't see anything that could help.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
I would try and un fasten the seat belt and see if the panel can be moved towards the middle of the cab allowing enough room to slip it back under, the panel near the door weather striping maybe attached some how if you try this don't pull to hard and break the panel. I would see whats involved in just removing the entire panel and hell that may not be as bad as you think. Someone on the forum did a carpet replace and may chime in.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #6

I was also thinking: You should see if any guys in the audio forum can help out. I always see guys who took everything out of their Tacomas when doing a sound deadening project.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #7

thanks y'all. I was actually able to slide the rug back under the panel - wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. A few of the pegs that hold the panel in fell off though : (
Kinda poor design implementation for that particular panel - the rear panel in the back seats have better pegs that seem more rugged.

Anyways, got the taco back together
Old 05-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
oliverlove will become famous soon enough

Name: Oliver
oliverlove's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing holding that panel to the wall is the one bolt for the seatbelt, and a bunch of clips. Start slow around the window and pop that bad boy off.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverlove View Post
The only thing holding that panel to the wall is the one bolt for the seatbelt, and a bunch of clips. Start slow around the window and pop that bad boy off.
what what does the seatbelt pulley thing attach to? - the slider thing on the panel. I don't think its just a part of the panel is it? I imagine it is bolted to something else on the body.