LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

questions about camper shells for my Tacoma

Old 05-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
"I Brake for Tailgaters"
prerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
prerunnerSD's Tacoma Gallery
questions about camper shells for my Tacoma

i have an 01 tacoma extra cab (four doors)
i know it has a smaller bed the the regular cab models.

looking for a truck cab and was curious if anyone knew the measurements i needed off hand and if there were other model trucks that have similar bed dimensions that would have shells that would fit my truck.

im in the boston area.. any leads would be appreciated
Old 05-24-2012, 04:46 AM   #2
magog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud of

magog45's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you order new you will probably have a hard time finding one used as all the trucks lately seem to have different dimensions. As to measurements, just measure from the front face of the box to just beyond the tailgate and for width about 1/4 inch over either edge then at least you will have some dimensions to use when you measure or ask for the measurements of used shells.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
Hillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant future

Hillingdoner's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, can't help with the measurements, but potential sources for you I would suggest Craigslist. Seems like quite a number of shells listed on there regularly.

Interestingly, I got a new boot for my shell (xtra cab model) from a large campershell place and found that they stock used shells as well. They take them in trade on a new shell when someone buys another truck etc. Might be worth a call around your area and see what is available. You might have to check weekly as stock probably changes.

Would imagine least expensive route would be Craigslist.

Hope that helps
Old 05-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Your bed measurements on that xtra cab are 74.5x57.9
Because of the vehicle width, I am pretty sure those dimensions are unique only to the 1st-gen 6' bed (actually 6.21').
Old 05-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #6
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunnerSD View Post
i have an 01 tacoma extra cab (four doors)
i know it has a smaller bed the the regular cab models.
Just FYI, you have a double cab.

Not an extra cab.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Just FYI, you have a double cab.

Not an extra cab.
dammit which means more work for me
ok if you have a DOUBLECAB your bed dimensions are 61.5x57.9