LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How much does your truck shake while idling?

Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
beedoola is on a distinguished road

beedoola's Tacoma Gallery
How much does your truck shake while idling?

Now when I mean "shake," I do mean like crazy, driving over speed bumps shake, rather a little vibration. I'm asking cause mine kinda shakes while idling and I want to know if perhaps there is something I need to address.

My taco is a 2.7 4 cyl

140k, I got it at 130k, replaced the spark plugs, belts, transmission fluid, done two oil changes since then.

Should I attempt the Seafoam treatment?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
blitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blitzburgh99's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on how big the girl I am on top of is!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
boshak's Tacoma Gallery
How many RPMs at idle?

Suggest cleaning your MAF and TB.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
koco is on a distinguished road

koco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshak View Post
How many RPMs at idle?

These are good ideas to fix rough idle. Seafoam works, I haven't had problems using it on a couple of 3.4l motors.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
if it's an auto a little shake is normal when in drive.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
beedoola is on a distinguished road

beedoola's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshak View Post
How many RPMs at idle?

the line below 1000rpm - so guessing thats indicating 750-800. Some times it will drop a little lower and then back up. Are there any tutorials/guides on here for MAF and TB cleaning?
Old 05-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #7
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedoola View Post
the line below 1000rpm - so guessing thats indicating 750-800. Some times it will drop a little lower and then back up. Are there any tutorials/guides on here for MAF and TB cleaning?
When it drops, does it go below 600? And is that when you feel the shake most?
Old 05-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #8
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Just a thought-the 4-banger in these trucks has a kinda radical pulsing at idle that often can trigger a harmonic vibe in the exhaust system-I discovered this in my stepson's '99 reg cab Tacoma. His was vibrating the frame at the hangar near the middle of the truck. I grabbed a pair of lockjaws and bent the hangar a little sideways and the vibe disappeared.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I bet it is nothing. Just drive.