Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I have creaky rear end...

Old 05-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
bearfan1985 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
bearfan1985's Tacoma Gallery
Question I have creaky rear end...

Anybody have a problem with a creaking sound from the rear leaf spring area? I have a 1995 Access Cab with 40,000 miles. I'm gonna crawl under there and lube it all up but I just wondered if anybody knew where the problem area may be.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely just your leafs. If you ever take em apart to insert an AAL there's a fix involving some tire inner tubes, a multi tool, some lube, and a paper clip that some people do. . .

(They actually just put inner tube rubber between the leafs)
Old 05-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
koco is on a distinguished road

koco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same creaking with add a leafs. Haven't tried to fix it.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #5
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
SargeSlapnuts's Tacoma Gallery
yeah . . . and . . . if you wheel it its gonna yell at you! my truck didnt do it when i first got it but now it does for sure as hell! i hear white lithium grease my help but i have never cared enough!
Old 05-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #6
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Just spray clear silicone in the leafs.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
bearfan1985 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
bearfan1985's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeSlapnuts View Post
yeah . . . and . . . if you wheel it its gonna yell at you! my truck didnt do it when i first got it but now it does for sure as hell! i hear white lithium grease my help but i have never cared enough!
Yeah it was quiet until I got it muddy a few times. I'm just living with it for now. My short term solution was to get a new stereo system to drown that crap out.

But I do appreciate the input from others. I will have to do something about this when the laziness wears off...