Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

time for upgrades!!!

Old 05-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
yota28 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: cal fire, mendocino unit
yota28's Tacoma Gallery
time for upgrades!!!

so... new to the whole forum thing but, anyway. i have had my yot for bout a yr now and the only thing i have is a kn intake. looking to make some major upgrades. lift, locker, bumbers, up the hp, lighting....ect. any advise would be greatly appritiacted. my first yota
Old 05-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota28 View Post
so... new to the whole forum thing but, anyway. i have had my yot for bout a yr now and the only thing i have is a kn intake. looking to make some major upgrades. lift, locker, bumbers, up the hp, lighting....ect. any advise would be greatly appritiacted. my first yota
Welcome!
With lockers and armor on your list I take it as you plan on wheeling it.. I would say to check out the build section for tons of ideas for your truck but as far as power upgrades, well there isn't much in that category without spending a good chunk of change. & if you planned to wheel it I would look into a 4x4 conversion over HP upgrade such as super chargers or turbos cause they get pricy.

As for armor there are tons of brands on here and it's all personal preference really and what you like so just shop around and find something you like. Build threads are your friend and will give you the most ideas big and small! Good luck and try to keep the wallet hidden cause this site will chew right through it!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
yota28 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: cal fire, mendocino unit
yota28's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up thanks1

thanks for the info, i want to keep it 2wd for now. i have a 1975 chevy for 4x4n. but the yot does very well on the trails around here, i mean im not climbing rocks or nothing but like to explore the backwoods, plus its my daily driver. but thanks again