Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Will body lift affect my skid plate fitting?

Old 05-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
Bamahoyt is on a distinguished road

Name: Ted
Bamahoyt's Tacoma Gallery
Will body lift affect my skid plate fitting?

When I bought my truck it has a 1inch body lift and there is no skid on the truck and I was wondering if that 1 inch body lift will affect the placement of my skids or if I have to get custom skid plates to fit it or if their fitting has no change due to the body lift. Thanks for the help
Old 05-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
It shouldn't affect it. Im not a 100% on that though. I'm sure someone else here knows
Old 05-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a 2nd gen and maybe I'm retarded but I can't imagine why lifting the body off the frame an inch or two would change mounting points for a skid plate, as those should mount to the frame.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamahoyt View Post
When I bought my truck it has a 1inch body lift and there is no skid on the truck and I was wondering if that 1 inch body lift will affect the placement of my skids or if I have to get custom skid plates to fit it or if their fitting has no change due to the body lift. Thanks for the help
No it will not.

I have a 3" -soon to be gone- Body lift and it affects it in no way. It is mounted to the underbelly and front crossmember. A BL is installed on top of the cross member.

The only thing that affects the skid plate location is a front differential drop kit. I have a 1" diff drop that came with spacers for 2 bolt locations. The only part thats not fully secured is the front of the skid plate that is attached to the crossmember
Old 05-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
newskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: firefighter
Name: Nick
newskooler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
No it will not.

I have a 3" -soon to be gone- Body lift and it affects it in no way. It is mounted to the underbelly and front crossmember. A BL is installed on top of the cross member.

The only thing that affects the skid plate location is a front differential drop kit. I have a 1" diff drop that came with spacers for 2 bolt locations. The only part thats not fully secured is the front of the skid plate that is attached to the crossmember
Ians right the as long as the front cross member wasnt moved to relocate the bumper youll be good.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
Bamahoyt is on a distinguished road

Name: Ted
Bamahoyt's Tacoma Gallery
ok great! thanks for the help guys. I have a Trail gear tube front bumper so I will look into it and make sure that no brackets were moved around or anything.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamahoyt View Post
ok great! thanks for the help guys. I have a Trail gear tube front bumper so I will look into it and make sure that no brackets were moved around or anything.
PICS OF BUMPER PLEASE!!!

...sorry Im planning on getting one too and would like to see what it looks like on our front end

How did you modify the trail gear bumper to fit with the body lift?
Old 05-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #9
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
If you body life you'll regret it later on.

Please take it from the dozens of screw ups and learn from our mistakes.

Get quality suspension products the first time and do it right.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
If you body life you'll regret it later on.

Please take it from the dozens of screw ups and learn from our mistakes.

Get quality suspension products the first time and do it right.
OP has existing body lift, not considering adding one.