LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A/C help

Old 05-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
turttletoy will become famous soon enough
turttletoy's Tacoma Gallery
A/C help

My idler pulley went out several months ago. I just now got around to replacing it. After replacing it a/c still doesn't work. fuse is still good. and before the pulley went out the a/c worked. compressor isn't locked up. i'm stumped and need help.

If it matters, I have a '00 v6......thanks!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe its just needs a little R134A, I bought a can with the hose and gauge ( Wal-Mart $38 ) on it my Civic wasn't blowing cold air, gave it a shot of freon and seems to be fine. It was a no brainer hook up took all of 10 mins.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
I have ab ac machine at work. I'm gonna try that when I go back. Just kinda confused why I worked fine before and now it doesn't after I replaced those parts.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
koco is on a distinguished road

koco's Tacoma Gallery
If there is no pressure in the system the pressure safety switch will disconnect the system. Take the cap off the line and give it a poke to see if there's gas in the system. I don't know why an idler pulley would cause a leak, but it's worth checking out. If your ac clutch is not operating, the ac won't come on. You could check for voltage at the 2 clutch wires. With the engine running you should hear the ac clutch click when you turn the system on. Between these 2 checks you can find out a lot.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Thanks for the help. Both of you are right. For some reason I had 0 freon in the system. When I took the cap off the CS it was leaking. But when I recharged the system it sealed itself again. I just don't get why it would lose all its freon in the first place. Like I said, everything was working perfect before I disconnected the belt due to a bad idler pulley.