1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A/C help

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by turttletoy, May 26, 2012.

1. May 26, 2012 at 2:04 PM
    turttletoy

turttletoy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Overland Park, KS
    Vehicle:
    '00 TRD 4x4
    My idler pulley went out several months ago. I just now got around to replacing it. After replacing it a/c still doesn't work. fuse is still good. and before the pulley went out the a/c worked. compressor isn't locked up. i'm stumped and need help.

If it matters, I have a '00 v6......thanks!

2. May 27, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    twfsa

twfsa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Omaha Ne
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4
    881 Front coils, Bilstien 5100's all the way front set to "0" Icon Dynamic's mini leafs in rear, stock tires.
    Maybe its just needs a little R134A, I bought a can with the hose and gauge ( Wal-Mart $38 ) on it my Civic wasn't blowing cold air, gave it a shot of freon and seems to be fine. It was a no brainer hook up took all of 10 mins.

3. May 27, 2012 at 7:39 AM
    turttletoy

Member:
    Overland Park, KS
    Vehicle:
    '00 TRD 4x4
    I have ab ac machine at work. I'm gonna try that when I go back. Just kinda confused why I worked fine before and now it doesn't after I replaced those parts.

4. May 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    koco

koco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area Ca.
    Vehicle:
    '01 Taco
    Around $26,000 worth of unleaded in the fuel tank.
    If there is no pressure in the system the pressure safety switch will disconnect the system. Take the cap off the line and give it a poke to see if there's gas in the system. I don't know why an idler pulley would cause a leak, but it's worth checking out. If your ac clutch is not operating, the ac won't come on. You could check for voltage at the 2 clutch wires. With the engine running you should hear the ac clutch click when you turn the system on. Between these 2 checks you can find out a lot.

5. May 31, 2012 at 10:40 AM
    turttletoy

Member:
    Overland Park, KS
    Vehicle:
    '00 TRD 4x4
    Thanks for the help. Both of you are right. For some reason I had 0 freon in the system. When I took the cap off the CS it was leaking. But when I recharged the system it sealed itself again. I just don't get why it would lose all its freon in the first place. Like I said, everything was working perfect before I disconnected the belt due to a bad idler pulley.

Products Discussed in

To Top