Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My ball joints keep going out

Old 05-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
scalfee90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
scalfee90's Tacoma Gallery
My ball joints keep going out

I've put the same driver side ball joint on 3 times it usually lasts a couple months and go out. I'm running moog greasable now and they are squeaking bad now. What am I doin wrong!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
m22m46 is on a distinguished road
Name: steven
m22m46's Tacoma Gallery
Help! ball joint failure

my ball joint went out both upper and lower drivers side im currently in uruguay southamerica this tacoma is call the hilux here but they are diesel not gasoline are moog parts good and cheap??? -steven
Attached Thumbnails
My ball joints keep going out-392.jpg   My ball joints keep going out-280.jpg   My ball joints keep going out-2012-05-23-138-1-.jpg  
Old 05-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Lift?

Proper alignment?

What brand ubj?

Sure its not your uca/lca squeaking?

What's method of install?
Old 05-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m22m46 View Post
my ball joint went out both upper and lower drivers side im currently in uruguay southamerica this tacoma is call the hilux here but they are diesel not gasoline are moog parts good and cheap??? -steven
A lot of people run Moog because they make the joints greasable and haven't heard any bad things From them
Old 05-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
Lift?

Proper alignment?

What brand ubj?

Sure its not your uca/lca squeaking?

What's method of install?
X2 there's probably something affecting the ball joints and making them prematurely wear out