Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Would these shocks not fit Toytec Coils?

Old 05-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
Mxer256 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Would these shocks not fit Toytec Coils?

Want to get a new lift in the front and kinda on a budget. Im fine with the pro comp shocks like......http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72

It says the N91S shocks are recommended..why is that? and also what kind of shocks are those? I want these coils....http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72

Im trying to get 3 inches of lift obviously
Old 05-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't buy those shocks, toytec is a reputable company but the pic looks like they're for a 2nd gen. get bilstein 5100's
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-96...djustable.html
Old 05-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #3

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuket View Post
I wouldn't buy those shocks, toytec is a reputable company but the pic looks like they're for a 2nd gen. get bilstein 5100's
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-96...djustable.html
Well it says max lift height is only 2.5" and im looking to get atleast 3"
Old 05-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Name: Erick
Denim Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxer256 View Post
Well it says max lift height is only 2.5" and im looking to get atleast 3"
If you go with the 5100's they are about 50 bucks more and you can get the discount code DSM gives for TW members. If you get the coils and the 5100's you can adjust the 5100's setting to the second setting to get 3" 's of lift but going over 2.5" people recommend UCA's for alignment purposes. (correct me if I'm wrong on the alignment part)
Old 05-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #5

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim Dan View Post
If you go with the 5100's they are about 50 bucks more and you can get the discount code DSM gives for TW members. If you get the coils and the 5100's you can adjust the 5100's setting to the second setting to get 3" 's of lift but going over 2.5" people recommend UCA's for alignment purposes. (correct me if I'm wrong on the alignment part)
So even if i do get that set up i wouldnt be able to get 3 inches without getting new UCA? Why would people be able to get a 3 inch spacer and not have to get new ones? but everything else does make sense and helps...also DSM?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Quote:
So even if i do get that set up i wouldnt be able to get 3 inches without getting new UCA? Why would people be able to get a 3 inch spacer and not have to get new ones? but everything else does make sense and helps...also DSM?
Sorry DSM = down south motorsports. You can go the 3 inches since you are 2wd it's not recommended to go over 2.5" with 4wd due to cv angels. The UCA is for alignment purposes something about not getting the toe or camber to the right spot, if you dont your alignment will keep going off and will only cause tire wear. Sorry if I didn't explain myself right in my earlier post. Hope I did a little better job.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OP has a 1st gen so setting the 5100's at stock setting will achieve 3". The pro comps are not as good as 5100's. No one that i know of has paired the pro comp's with the toytec coils. 1st gen does not require new UCA's at 3". although alignment will go out more often as said in an earlier post.

EDIT: this topic should be researched by the OP as there are 100's more threads that have covered these lift components already.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #8

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry DSM = down south motorsports. You can go the 3 inches since you are 2wd it's not recommended to go over 2.5" with 4wd due to cv angels. The UCA is for alignment purposes something about not getting the toe or camber to the right spot, if you dont your alignment will keep going off and will only cause tire wear. Sorry if I didn't explain myself right in my earlier post. Hope I did a little better job.
Great...guess i cant buy much more stuff now till i get this done. Thanks for the help!...and also how do i get that down south motorsports coupon or whatever?
Old 05-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #9

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OP has a 1st gen so setting the 5100's at stock setting will achieve 3". The pro comps are not as good as 5100's. No one that i know of has paired the pro comp's with the toytec coils. 1st gen does not require new UCA's at 3". although alignment will go out more often as said in an earlier post.

EDIT: this topic should be researched by the OP as there are 100's more threads that have covered these lift components already.
Ah alignment.....but yeah i guess ill just have to go with 5100s
Old 05-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #10

Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
I have them on my taco, its a great ride improvement over stock.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #11
Confusion

Quote:
Great...guess i cant buy much more stuff now till i get this done. Thanks for the help!...and also how do i get that down south motorsports coupon or whatever?
Quote:
Ah alignment.....but yeah i guess ill just have to go with 5100s
click this link it has codes for some of DSM's products they sell. also you can lift if you dont mind having to do your alignment every couple of months i plan on lifting mine without UCA's till i get money for them and i only plan on about 2 inches of lift. also you can look into OME(old man emu) coils since those eibachs are sold out.
Quote:
I have them on my taco, its a great ride improvement over stock.
this ^^^ ive heard. i was going this direction 5100's/OME 880's but ran across some coil overs for really cheap in the buy/sell/trade section. so i am going with those now, but have heard nothing but good things about 5100's with eibach and or OME's