LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ripped CV Boots

Old 05-28-2012, 06:23 AM   #1
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Ripped CV Boots

How much lift do you have, those of you that are ripping CV boots, and are you off roading,V/S mall crawlers.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
about 3 inches and they rip about every 3 months, you can do the boot slide mod but dont streatch them too far or they would rip like mine did. and its a mall crawler, i put on about 1000 miles a week cause of work
Old 05-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Are you replacing them with OEM or aftermarket? I installed 881's and set the 5100's to 0 and no issues knock on wood.

I am not sure how much lift I achieved but measured the front Driver side ( center ) from floor to bottom of flare 37" passenger side 38" 265/70r16 tires. Don't see any serious rubbing a little maybe from cornering.

You put on miles in one month that takes me all year.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

04trd's Tacoma Gallery
ya im a heavy equipment operator and my job has me travling all over ohio, but ill put up a few pics of what i have going
and no i am using aftermarket ones from auto zone. Please keep in mind this pic was taken in the dead of winter and the rust looks like shit! lol it has been taken care ever since than all nice and powerwashed and coated with oil lookin like new!
Attached Thumbnails
Ripped CV Boots-half-shafts.jpg  
Old 05-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #5

04trd's Tacoma Gallery
and the top is a boot slide mod fail
Old 05-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
The angle pretty steep, thanks for the pic.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #7
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
i have the eibach/bilstein combo and after the initial lift some grease did squeeze out. at first i thought i tore the boot, but after a closer inspection it was just excess grease oozing out from the steep angle. i added a hose clamp with padding around the boot to tighten things back up and it hasn't leak since. i've also gone wheeling about 4 times since the lift and the boots have held up.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
mixaro is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
mixaro's Tacoma Gallery
man i do some mild wheeling, and i seem to be blowing through boots like every couple of months, but the weird thing is that it's just the driver side, and that is a whole cv i got from napa. i did the boot slide mod and it didn't help. My passanger side is the stock toyota one and it still fine.