Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Needing your opinion

Old 05-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Needing your opinion

Ok guys, I'm very seriously thinking of selling my 1st Gen taco to upgrade to a new 2nd. Gen DC TRD Sport Prerunner taco. I have been thinking of doing this since 2010. I am having a rough time coming to terms with selling my baby. I am the 2nd owner. I have had it for 10 years and have done all the mods myself. It is a 99 prerunner extra cab 3.4L, auto trany with 54,600 miles.4in. lift, custom wheels, gibson exhaust, deckplat mod, ARE fiberglass shell, lineX spray in bed liner, wheelers 5 leaf pack and much more. All maint records. My question is should I upgrade and can I get $15,000.00 for my tacoma?
Old 05-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I say, pt another 50k miles on it, then consider a second gen.....Your truck will still be worth $14,500
Old 05-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you could get more than 10 grand for it.
Check the prices of similar rigs in your area on Craigslist.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
if you can get $15k for it, i say do it. put it out there on craigslist and see if you get any bites. i'm in the same boat as you. it's only a matter of time before i end up in a 2nd gen. go test drive one if you haven't already and see how you like it.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #5
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks guys for all of your opinions.Yeah I was thinking of putting it on craiglist just to see what kind of bites I get. I really wont to test drive one but I dont know if I would be able to walk away at that point. LOL.
At this point I think I will see if I can get what I wont for mine first and then go from there. Thanks again guys I do appreciate all of your input!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:20 AM   #6

Well guys after serious consideration I have decided to keep my 1st gen. Maybe late on down the line when finances look better I may readderess this wild hair. Thanks again for everyones input.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
Well guys after serious consideration I have decided to keep my 1st gen. Maybe late on down the line when finances look better I may readderess this wild hair. Thanks again for everyones input.
Wise choice....

The only obvious time to buy a new truck is:
1. You can afford it easily
2. It's costing too much in repairs.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #8
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
Wise decision. Even when I can afford a new rig, the Taco isn't going anywhere. She'll get turned into a sick ass crawler!