1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Installation Problem

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by LEGITacoma, May 29, 2012.

1. May 29, 2012 at 7:10 PM
    LEGITacoma

LEGITacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma Prerunner
    Rockford Fosgate T0 in a Ported Box, Hifonics 1000.1, Pioneer AVIC Z-120BT Headunit w/ Rearview Camera
    Okay well today I started to install my spacer lift(I know I know spacer lifts are bad and ride harsh. This thread isn't for you to tell me how bad they are for off roading. Which I don't do much anyways.) that I had received from Fat Bob's Garage. I got the front left tire off and after that I couldn't get ANY of the bolts after that to even budge. I soaked them with liquid wrench and came back like 5 minutes later and they still wouldn't budge. Any suggestions on how to get them suckers off so I can get the strut out? Also at what point do I need an alignment? I don't need it since all I did was take the tire off right?

2. May 29, 2012 at 7:12 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    Spacers are bad :p

Try a breaker bar or let the bolts sit longer after you spray them :notsure:

And no alignment needed for just taking the tire off...

3. May 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    If you care about your tire's wear, an alignment would be a good idea. By adding a lift you are changing the geometry of the front suspension. But its not necessary, per say.

And if penetrant doesn't help, next step is HEAT!!! Torch them bad boys. Works 99.99% of the time.

4. May 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM
    JNome

JNome Made in Maine.... Yessah bub!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Pace, FL
    Vehicle:
    '10 BSP SR5 4wd
    WeatherTechs, TRD Skidplate, Hidden Hitch Reciever, Tractor Supply Toolbox, Bedmat, Hayden Transmission Cooler, Leer 100R cap, yakima roof rack, Bilstien 5100's all around, Eibach lift coils, Toytec AAL w/ TSB springs, All Pro Flip Kit w/ Timbrens, Line X'd Rocker Panels, Magnaflow 17115 Exhaust, Cobra CB w/ PA Horn, Hi-Lift Jack w/ custom mount, Relentless Fab Sliders, Satoshi Grille w/ Hella 700's HID mounted behind
    Agreed... Liquid wrench or maybe try some KANO Kroil "the oil that creeps". Shit works great on my tractors and farm equipment with rusted up bolts. Spray them down, let em sit, and get on them with a breaker bar... then heat if needed.

5. May 30, 2012 at 12:11 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

Soak the shit out of any bolts that you can't put heat to. & the ones you can put a torch on , hit the outside nut only, ya just want to expand it to release the death grip, still may end up with an angle grinder/cutoff wheel
    though, good luck

Products Discussed in

To Top