LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lift Installation Problem

Old 05-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
LEGITacoma is on a distinguished road
LEGITacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Question Lift Installation Problem

Okay well today I started to install my spacer lift(I know I know spacer lifts are bad and ride harsh. This thread isn't for you to tell me how bad they are for off roading. Which I don't do much anyways.) that I had received from Fat Bob's Garage. I got the front left tire off and after that I couldn't get ANY of the bolts after that to even budge. I soaked them with liquid wrench and came back like 5 minutes later and they still wouldn't budge. Any suggestions on how to get them suckers off so I can get the strut out? Also at what point do I need an alignment? I don't need it since all I did was take the tire off right?
Old 05-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers are bad

Try a breaker bar or let the bolts sit longer after you spray them

And no alignment needed for just taking the tire off...
Old 05-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
If you care about your tire's wear, an alignment would be a good idea. By adding a lift you are changing the geometry of the front suspension. But its not necessary, per say.

And if penetrant doesn't help, next step is HEAT!!! Torch them bad boys. Works 99.99% of the time.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #4
Made in Maine.... Yessah bub!
JNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Ensign
Name: Jake
JNome's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed... Liquid wrench or maybe try some KANO Kroil "the oil that creeps". Shit works great on my tractors and farm equipment with rusted up bolts. Spray them down, let em sit, and get on them with a breaker bar... then heat if needed.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNome View Post
Agreed... Liquid wrench or maybe try some KANO Kroil "the oil that creeps". Shit works great on my tractors and farm equipment with rusted up bolts. Spray them down, let em sit, and get on them with a breaker bar... then heat if needed.

Soak the shit out of any bolts that you can't put heat to. & the ones you can put a torch on , hit the outside nut only, ya just want to expand it to release the death grip, still may end up with an angle grinder/cutoff wheel
though, good luck