1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

aussie up front

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by FEARFACT, May 29, 2012.

1. May 29, 2012 at 11:57 PM
    FEARFACT

FEARFACT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    03 double cab 4x4
    coilovers,33s etc
    i posted this on TTORA and i know alot of you hit on both forums but i figure its worth asking here too. ive always read positive things about the aussies, especially for the price. im looking to see if anyone has any experience in a similar tacoma. im running a 03 DC TRD on 33 toyo MTs, i want to run one up front but am iffy with the CV's behind that heavy of a tire. now i know selectable if the route to go, but no, im not shelling out that type of $ when a live axle is in the plans within the next couple years. thanks for any input guys
    -matt

2. May 30, 2012 at 8:54 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I don't have any experience with aussie but can offer a suggestion.....have 10+ years of offroading.

Manual Locking hubs.....

But since you mentioned doing a SAS in the future - why do you need or want a locker in the front now? Save your money and go without a locker in the front. Put all your $$ & efforts towards future projects.

Like any 4WD vehicle and using a locker - you have to be VERY CAREFUL when making turns in 4WD and locked to save your CV's. Even more so with a lunchbox type locker. Just not worth the benefits now when you've got a SAS on the horizon.

3. May 30, 2012 at 2:05 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    Ill second what jan said, a locker up front on ifs is dangerous and unnecissary. You will most likley max out your suspension before you max out your traction requiring 2 lockers. You should be able to get through just about anything without a front. And a front locker on that fragile ifs front end can cause damage.

4. May 30, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    trmarshall1

trmarshall1 The Least Interesting Man In The World

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Supercharged
    4" Pro-Comp Lift, TRD cat back exhaust, grey wire mod, clutch pedal linear spring mod
    x3

5. Jun 1, 2012 at 11:06 PM
    x2468

x2468 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 TRD 4wd V6 Xcab Sr5
    Dont do it if u drive in snow. Otherwise give it a shot and tell us how it goes.

Products Discussed in

To Top