Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New power door actuator

Old 05-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
New power door actuator

My pass door will not lock or unlock with either the key, door button or key fob, so I called my local dealership and they want $312.00 for the part, . Bad thing is I have the door panel off and if I even have someone in the truck and need to do an emergency evacuation, the f**ng door can't even be opened from the inside. Is there any other route I can take to use afrermarket actuator or just carry around a brick to break the window, you know, incase of an emergency?
Old 05-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysuncle View Post
My pass door will not lock or unlock with either the key, door button or key fob, so I called my local dealership and they want $312.00 for the part, . Bad thing is I have the door panel off and if I even have someone in the truck and need to do an emergency evacuation, the f**ng door can't even be opened from the inside. Is there any other route I can take to use afrermarket actuator or just carry around a brick to break the window, you know, incase of an emergency?
My passenger side door lock actuator hasn't worked in 8 years.

Can't you just pull the lock up manually and then open the door?

A TW member pulled a door lock actuator off an 85 pick up for me. Haven't gotten around to seeing if it works or not but it was only $5