Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

GEARS?

Old 05-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
livnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to behold

Name: Rick
livnlrn's Tacoma Gallery
GEARS?

What brand, after-market, gears are yall running? I have tried two different sets of the Yukon gears & both sets have had a good bit of noise. I ran the us standard gear years ago that seemed to be quiet, but I didnt put enough miles on them to see if they were going to last.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Who is installing the gears? Maybe they are being done incorrectly.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
livnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to behold

livnlrn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Who is installing the gears? Maybe they are being done incorrectly.
Me & a friend. He has helped me do all of my vehicles & no problems. The Yukons are the only ones that have been noisey.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #4

livnlrn's Tacoma Gallery
No one has aftermarket gears??
Old 05-31-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Nitro has the best reputation among driveline shops. Yukon are typically well though of, you sure your setups haven't been off?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
I have yukon gears. Yukon seems to be mix and match BC they have a few different suppliers. i have no noise. Alot of people are running nitro gears BC they dont require you to use the older style flange and u can run a larger pinion.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I have aftermarket gears and I never once hear noise from them. Nor does anyone that I wheel with have problems with their aftermarket gears. Sounds like to me someone isn't setting the gears properly
Old 05-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #8
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
I have Yukons in my rear axle and haven't had any issues out of them so far. They have around 40,000 miles on them so far
Old 06-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #9
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I got nitro gears. It was built by east coast gear supply. It's pretty quiet, they even have a 5 year warranty.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #10
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Some years ago, Richmond had a good rep for gears. Are they still in business?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #11
BAZZMAZZA has a spectacular aura aboutBAZZMAZZA has a spectacular aura aboutBAZZMAZZA has a spectacular aura about

Navy:
BAZZMAZZA's Tacoma Gallery
East Coast Gear Supply (ECGS) is out of North Carolina and has a great reputation with off-roaders on the east coast. They have a program where you can order the diff you want with gears installed and they send it to you and you have 48 hours or more to get your diff back to them and ECGS will refund your core charge. They offer free shipping with orders over 500.00 dollars.
I have purchased my full OME lift Kit front and rear (same as Wheelers package) and ARB bull bar from them and they beat the prices and shipping was free. Recieved everything within 10 days. Here is the link hope it helps.

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/