LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear Drum Hard Line Replacement?

Old 05-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
RacerP will become famous soon enough
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Drum Hard Line Replacement?

The cylinder in one of my rear drums is leaking pretty bad, and taking the lines off after soaking with PB overnite resulted in twisting the hard line. The fitting was so rusted that it wouldn't just spin on the hard line.

Is there a direct replacement or is the make and bend your own the only solution?
Old 05-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
My guess is make your own if you have a good flaring tool, probably some you tube videos on how to do a double flare and bend the steel lines so not to kink them. Toyota may have a replacement, if it isn't bent up from shipping.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #3
RacerP will become famous soon enough
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
After closer inspection of the hard line...I realized there is a rubber coating on the hard line, and inside that is a clear plastic sleeve. It was the clear plastic sleeve that was turning making me thing the whole hard line was crimped.

I ended up just keeping my hard line.