1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Drum Hard Line Replacement?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by RacerP, May 30, 2012.

1. May 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    RacerP

RacerP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4
    7th Injector kit, Trans Cooler, Donohoe c/o's, Billy's in the rear, FJ Cruiser Trail Team SE wheels.
    The cylinder in one of my rear drums is leaking pretty bad, and taking the lines off after soaking with PB overnite resulted in twisting the hard line. The fitting was so rusted that it wouldn't just spin on the hard line.

Is there a direct replacement or is the make and bend your own the only solution?

2. May 31, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    twfsa

twfsa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Omaha Ne
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4
    881 Front coils, Bilstien 5100's all the way front set to "0" Icon Dynamic's mini leafs in rear, stock tires.
    My guess is make your own if you have a good flaring tool, probably some you tube videos on how to do a double flare and bend the steel lines so not to kink them. Toyota may have a replacement, if it isn't bent up from shipping.

3. Jun 2, 2012 at 5:55 AM
    RacerP

RacerP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4
    7th Injector kit, Trans Cooler, Donohoe c/o's, Billy's in the rear, FJ Cruiser Trail Team SE wheels.
    After closer inspection of the hard line...I realized there is a rubber coating on the hard line, and inside that is a clear plastic sleeve. It was the clear plastic sleeve that was turning making me thing the whole hard line was crimped.

I ended up just keeping my hard line.

Products Discussed in

To Top