1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rims being Hubcentric or not

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by FBGW01, May 31, 2012.

1. May 31, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    FBGW01

FBGW01 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kaleb
    East Mesa AZ
    check my build
    So im about to order some Rims and they are the right bolt pattern and everything. Only thing im confused about is the "hubcentric" part. the new rims are not hub centric. and im pretty sure the wheels i have know are. i run 1.5in all pro wheel spacers and they are hubcentric too. im just confused if these will work on my truck:confused: here is a link to the wheels http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/5...&t_pt=100021&t_pl=100347&t_pn=PCW52-6883R2.25

2. May 31, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    I have "lug centric" wheels on my "hub centric" truck. They work as long as the center bore in the rim is larger than the hub of your truck. The lugs will center the wheels as long as they are acorn/wedge shaped and are the correct lugs for the wheels. You just have to be more thorough and careful when installing a rim and make sure you tighten the lugs in a "star" pattern (move across the wheel after tightening one lug not around it). It'll also be a little harder to lift and position the wheel onto the studs, but it's not that big of a deal. If you really want to remain hub centric, you can buy spacer rings that take up the gap between the center bore of the rim and the diameter of your hub..

3. May 31, 2012 at 11:21 AM
    FBGW01

FBGW01 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kaleb
    East Mesa AZ
    check my build
    Tahmkyou:D ya called the place and they said those procomps dont have the hubcentric ring u can put in. soo i think im just gonna get some from wheelers offroad:) they should work fine. not as little backspacing as the procomps but ohh well

Products Discussed in

To Top