Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rims being Hubcentric or not

Old 05-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Rims being Hubcentric or not

So im about to order some Rims and they are the right bolt pattern and everything. Only thing im confused about is the "hubcentric" part. the new rims are not hub centric. and im pretty sure the wheels i have know are. i run 1.5in all pro wheel spacers and they are hubcentric too. im just confused if these will work on my truck here is a link to the wheels http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/52...CW52-6883R2.25
Old 05-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have "lug centric" wheels on my "hub centric" truck. They work as long as the center bore in the rim is larger than the hub of your truck. The lugs will center the wheels as long as they are acorn/wedge shaped and are the correct lugs for the wheels. You just have to be more thorough and careful when installing a rim and make sure you tighten the lugs in a "star" pattern (move across the wheel after tightening one lug not around it). It'll also be a little harder to lift and position the wheel onto the studs, but it's not that big of a deal. If you really want to remain hub centric, you can buy spacer rings that take up the gap between the center bore of the rim and the diameter of your hub..
Old 05-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
I have "lug centric" wheels on my "hub centric" truck. They work as long as the center bore in the rim is larger than the hub of your truck. The lugs will center the wheels as long as they are acorn/wedge shaped and are the correct lugs for the wheels. You just have to be more thorough and careful when installing a rim and make sure you tighten the lugs in a "star" pattern (move across the wheel after tightening one lug not around it). It'll also be a little harder to lift and position the wheel onto the studs, but it's not that big of a deal. If you really want to remain hub centric, you can buy spacer rings that take up the gap between the center bore of the rim and the diameter of your hub..
Tahmkyou ya called the place and they said those procomps dont have the hubcentric ring u can put in. soo i think im just gonna get some from wheelers offroad they should work fine. not as little backspacing as the procomps but ohh well