LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How much lift is needed on a stock Gen 1 to clear 35/12.5s?

Old 05-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
hardcase87 is on a distinguished road
Name: chris
hardcase87's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift is needed on a stock Gen 1 to clear 35/12.5s?

Im picking up a stock Gen 1 and I want to run 35/12.5s eventually how much lift, either suspension or body(maybe bit of both) is needed to clear and drive no prob. And if anyone wants to throw some links this way to lifts they purchased and used with good results send away! Thanks.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Do you want to cut?

No? You're SOL. (or you can get a 6+" drop bracket homo lift, around idk $3,000 after labor or more?

Yes? 0" of lift.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Do you want to cut?

No? You're SOL. (or you can get a 6+" drop bracket homo lift, around idk $3,000 after labor or more?

Yes? 0" of lift.
this. If you don't mind tearing up your firewall and fenders, you can lift around 3". But the "easy" way to clear them is a 6" drop bracket lift. the reason its homo is the fact that you get a 6" spacer in the front, a block in the rear, and brackets that hang down low for rocks and what not.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a link to fit 35"s. You must do this on every lift you get unless you put on a 6" drop bracket lift.

0-3" Suspension lift do the same thing. You can run probably a 3" body lift with a 3" lift and may be fine for the malls (Not sure?)

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166040
Old 05-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/ar...y-lift-height/
Old 05-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Here is a link to fit 35"s. You must do this on every lift you get unless you put on a 6" drop bracket lift.

0-3" Suspension lift do the same thing. You can run probably a 3" body lift with a 3" lift and may be fine for the malls (Not sure?)

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166040
I know you speaketh the trufus, but daaammmnnnnnn...
Old 05-31-2012, 08:47 PM   #7
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
Not to be a dick but 2 minutes of searching and you would have found an answer.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=35s+on+a+tacoma
Old 06-02-2012, 06:50 AM   #8
What are forums for then man??? Not asking questions? Anyways glad I got some useful responses. Well I dont want to cut, the trucks mint and will be my DD so I want to keep it looking good. Yea I agree not a fan of those bulky low hanging bracket kits. So realistically I might be able to make it work with a 3" body and 3+" susp lift? I would hate to have to sacrifice goin 35 for 33 :s....
Old 06-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcase87 View Post
Yea I agree not a fan of those bulky low hanging bracket kits. So realistically I might be able to make it work with a 3" body and 3+" susp lift? I would hate to have to sacrifice goin 35 for 33 :s....
-DB lifts are for malls (as you know).
-Body lifts get a lot of hate on here (for good reason, and I am in that boat too) because they don't serve much of a purpose beyond looks.
-The difference between 33s and 35s on our trucks with an IFS setup is negligible, and if it's a DD then you may not like the result (mpg particularly)
-Final note: the best way to do this is with SAS or LTR setups, but those are quite costly.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #10
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What are forums for then man??? Not asking questions? Anyways glad I got some useful responses. Well I dont want to cut, the trucks mint and will be my DD so I want to keep it looking good. Yea I agree not a fan of those bulky low hanging bracket kits. So realistically I might be able to make it work with a 3" body and 3+" susp lift? I would hate to have to sacrifice goin 35 for 33 :s....
Honestly..just get a 3'' suspention lift and 33s. Save you alot of trouble.

BLs suck and make the ride worse and offroading can be sketchy with them.

33s and 3'' look bad ass enough..

Old 06-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Forums are a wonderful tool with a wealth of information on many various subjects. Your question has been asked and gone over many many times. If you actually used the forum you would have found your answer
Old 06-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
do you wanna regear?
Old 06-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #14
Oh yea theres alot of TOOLS on forums thats for sure.... Anyways no wasnt planning on re gearing wanted to keep stock drivetrain for now just work on the tires, lift and a winch for starts. Mpg wont matter much to me, but it does seem like a royal pain in the hoop to get 35s on the truck. So ill be alright with a 3" lift and 33s eh, no rubs? What about getting tired first then lift or will there be issues running those tires until its up a bit higher?
Old 06-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #16
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
read on to gain knowledges, then you will for sure don't want to run 35s.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #17
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy (Slodgetto) fit 35s on his first gen but not without a lot of cutting and banging of the fenders. idk how much lift he has but i thinks its like 3 or 4 inches. i would also say go with 33s if you wanna keep everything good

Old 06-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #18
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
just what everyone else said, 35s won't happen if you dont want to molest you fender wells. Also regearing is a must if you did 35s. IMO, not worth it because ifs is weak any way. With a good 3" lift you can fit 33s with minimal rubbing even off road. Trimming a little bit of plastic from the wheel well is all that may be necessary.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #19
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
just what everyone else said, 35s won't happen if you dont want to molest you fender wells. Also regearing is a must if you did 35s. IMO, not worth it because ifs is weak any way. With a good 3" lift you can fit 33s with minimal rubbing even off road. Trimming a little bit of plastic from the wheel well is all that may be necessary.
yea i forgot to say that Slodgetto regeared his to 5.29