Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

which of the three first gen grilles/ front ends do you like best?

Old 06-02-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
Name: Taylor
CollegeTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
which of the three first gen grilles/ front ends do you like best?

There have been three changes,
the 95-97,
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=97+ta...&tx=109&ty=102

98-00,
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=99+ta...12,s:430,i:135

and 01-04
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=04+ta...4&tx=122&ty=54

which do you like and why?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...like-best.html
Old 06-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomafide View Post
Whoa burn
Not my intention.

Just wanted to point a new guy to an extensive thread so he can get the feedback he wants.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Not my intention.

Just wanted to point a new guy to an extensive thread so he can get the feedback he wants.
I got excited because I had a poster only to see it was a link haha. BUt yes thanks I don't know how to make a poll so That helped.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
Cheese it in there!
tacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant future

tacomafide's Tacoma Gallery
Good thing u said that not just post a link like a smart ass would do. Awe snap!
Just havin fun dude, but seriously ⬆
Old 06-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #8
haha its alright it went excited-> disappointment-> enlightenment lol
Old 06-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Good thing u said that not just post a link like a smart ass would do. Awe snap!
Just havin fun dude, but seriously ⬆
Quote:
See, he got exited. Bet you feel bad now.
lol

I've been PM'ing him offering help/advice on other things. Pretty sure he knows I'm not an assh*le

At least I didn't come at him with the typical, "WTF?! DUDE SEARCH!!! THERE ARE TONS OF THREADS ON THIS ALREADY WHY DO YOU FEEL ENTITLED TO START ANOTHER ONE?!!? ARE YOU JUST FU**ING STUPID?! LAZY? BOTH!?!?! LEARN THE BOARD ETIQUETTE BECAUSE YOU JUST RUINED MY DAY BY POSTING A TOPIC THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED!?!?! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!"

Or something like that.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #10

Oh, and for the record, IMO the 95-97 front end is easily the baddest looking front end of all three eras.

That's why I'm eventually making the switch. And hopefully I can keep my 98 valence because I think that would look better than the 95-97 bumper/valence. The latter looks too "smushed"
Old 06-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #11
Cheese it in there!
tacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant future

tacomafide's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah haha, I was waiting for the search bar police. I saw the other about the flares. Nice.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #12
I actually like the 01 the best. But I think it is a combo of the rounded chrome with the vertical bars. I think the 97 is a close second. It has a near rounded look vs the diagonal chrome of my 99
Old 06-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeTacoma View Post
I actually like the 01 the best. But I think it is a combo of the rounded chrome with the vertical bars. I think the 97 is a close second. It has a near rounded look vs the diagonal chrome of my 99
To me the 01-04 looks like an open mouth of a large fish or something.

To me the 95-97 looks like it's always pissed off and scowling at you.

To me the 98-00 looks awful
Old 06-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #14
Quote:

Haha very nice. Yea idk why I don't like this ones much
Old 06-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #15
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I agree. I didn't like my fish so I went with the scowl again.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #16
ah, the man who pioneered a new way for us to be addicted to modding our first gens haha
Old 06-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
98-00
F
T
M
F
W
Your grill looks good with those heads and corners
Old 06-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
98-00
F
T
M
F
W
only on Fridays, Tuesdays, Mondays and Wednesdays?

Yours looks pretty good with the clear look of the lamp assemblies