LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

could be back soon... What would you pay for your parents tacoma?

Old 06-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
Taylor1993 is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
Taylor1993's Tacoma Gallery
could be back soon... What would you pay for your parents tacoma?

So after selling my 06 and actually making money then buying my neighbors dodge and driving it for a year at college I sold it before the resale ruined me by waiting another year. My parents have a 99 gold tacoma sr5 4x4 with the locker and it has 160k on it. My dad drives his white 99 auto and the gold one has sat since we bought it ( by my constant nagging) at the dealer last summer. So it has I believe had less then 1000 miles put on it since we owned it.
Anyway, I plan to buy eiether a newer tundra or tacoma in a year or two but don't have a vehicle right now. I want to be in a Toyota and I could probably get the most truck for the money by buying theirs haha.
I just wanted to see what you all thought you would offer a family member for their truck.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
7k?
Old 06-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
CollegeTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What did you guys pay for it?
Old 06-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
we gave 6500, after looking at tacomas all day test driving, we couldnt find any really good deals, Then we talked to this small dealer who was very nice. He called his friend at the big Toyota dealer. I was with my dad and thought to myself there is no way this one will be cheap. It turns out a good friend of the dealer had just traded his that day. And if we bought it they would wholesale it for 6500 , if we said no they would pop out a dent or two and sell it for 10,500. Talk about good timing lol
Old 06-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
The only rig I have ever bought from family is my 01 Ford F250. Single cab long bed, 7.3 power stroke with 145k miles on it. My g/f had totalled her car and we only had one vehicle. I knew my uncle had this truck just sitting. I asked him how much he wanted for it, and he said $2500. When I got there with the money, he said he felt bad he was charging me at all, and gave me $1300 back. Ended up paying $1200 for it. Woot!! But I wouldnt expect anything like that.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor1993 View Post
we gave 6500, after looking at tacomas all day test driving, we couldnt find any really good deals, Then we talked to this small dealer who was very nice. He called his friend at the big Toyota dealer. I was with my dad and thought to myself there is no way this one will be cheap. It turns out a good friend of the dealer had just traded his that day. And if we bought it they would wholesale it for 6500 , if we said no they would pop out a dent or two and sell it for 10,500. Talk about good timing lol
ha! that happened with my Taco. Saw it like the day after it was dropped off at the dealer. went in and told em i wanted it. Was 6300 as is(96k on it for a 96 taco! ), if it went through the shop..9500!

i took it as is lol and they even changed the oil for me

id say 7k is a good deal..it has a lot of miles on it tho..
Old 06-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
Day Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Veteran
Name: Day Cowboy
Day Cowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds to me that you have a good deal on Dad's old ride. Would pick it up. As for mileage, if it was taken care of, the mileage on it now shouldn't be an issue. Toyotas are built to last!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Book retail.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
I know they would sell it to me for 6500. I was hoping more like 5000 haha book is 6000
Old 06-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #10
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
i'm sure they'll take any reasonable offer.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:19 AM   #11
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
I hope after you beat them down on the price you don't bitch about the sale afterwards.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #12
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
The only rig I have ever bought from family is my 01 Ford F250. Single cab long bed, 7.3 power stroke with 145k miles on it. My g/f had totalled her car and we only had one vehicle. I knew my uncle had this truck just sitting. I asked him how much he wanted for it, and he said $2500. When I got there with the money, he said he felt bad he was charging me at all, and gave me $1300 back. Ended up paying $1200 for it. Woot!! But I wouldnt expect anything like that.

Sometimes the best deals are from family members. True story when I was 14 years old I started working and the determined little bastard I was started actually saving for a car. Well my older brother had this tricked out 83 Mustang GT, 302 engine, 5.0 with some Centerline wheels and Hoosier radials on it sitting in the garage. He had just bought a new Honda Civic to save on gas. I had been admiring that mustang every since the day he pulled it into our garage. Anyways for shits and grins I said why don't you just sell that thing to me I can pay you in payments. And surprisingly not only did let me pay in payments, he sold it to me for only $2,500 which at that time it was worth twice as much especially with all the mods. So at 14 years old, no license, I had a Mustang and a wild life in front of me. The leather in the back seat got broken in real quick after 15 years old. BEST.GIFT.EVAR!

Old 06-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #13
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
GIve him what he paid to call it even.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #14
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
What's the value on a truck like that
Old 06-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #15
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Let them tell you what they want for it and then pay it, or pay them double blue book value for taking care of you for however many years.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterchop200 View Post
Let them tell you what they want for it and then pay it, or pay them double blue book value for taking care of you for however many years.
Haha ^
Old 06-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #17
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Offer them $5,000, if they counter-offer, then accept it (within reason). But if you offer them too much, you are going to have a lot harder time talking them down... Much easier to start low and work your way up!
Old 06-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #18
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing like low balling mom and dad.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #19
My mom is okay with 5, And Dad is okay if Mom is okay haha. It needs a few things, like one tire needs to be replaced, a fender flare has an issue, and the grill needs fixed. So she said taking 1000 off of bb was fair. What do you all think .
Old 06-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #20
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
If they are okay with $5,000, sounds like a good deal to me.

They are your mom and dad, they are supposed to give you a good deal...