Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Why is this site so pro-2nd gen?

Old 06-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #61
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
And my plastiderp and pineapple thread...
Old 06-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #62
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTaco07 View Post
Why would it matter. I respect the 1st gens 110%. Everytime I see a toyota I always show alittle respect to the owner. Its like a worldwide family. There just the newest models, doesn't mean there any worse or any better.
Reasonableness will get you nowhere. You'll not get me to relax my defenses. It's a tarp.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #63
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Reasonableness will get you nowhere. You'll not get me to relax my defenses. It's a tarp.
Touchee. Anyways I think both have there ups and downs. But thats my .02
Old 06-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #64
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Where is Bartstar?
Old 06-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #65
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I've owned both, I personally find them to be totally different style of trucks, partially because of the cab configurations I had though.

My 01 ext cab with a 5 speed was a lot of fun, driving down the dirt roads was a blast to slide around, and seemed more rugged.

My 2012 is a dclb, and it's smoother and nicer to drive, but it's definitely not as much fund to drive as the 01 was.

I'd go back to a first gen no problem, it was a great truck!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #66
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Newer is always better .
Old 06-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #67
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
My step dad owns a second gen, I own a 1st, mine feels more like a truck
THIS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTac07 View Post
So you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTaco07 View Post
Why would it matter. I respect the 1st gens 110%. Everytime I see a toyota I always show alittle respect to the owner. Its like a worldwide family. There just the newest models, doesn't mean there any worse or any better.
THIS... Also
Old 06-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #68
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I agree, we all a family here with a common interest.

The 1st gens are just the red-headed step children of the family.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #69
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post

Old 06-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #70
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Your sister know you drive her truck?
Old 06-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #71
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lol, thought I might catch a little flak over that one. It was worth it.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #72
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrunner View Post
Why isn't this in the 2nd gen section with everything else?
I can't believe it took 52 post's before this was brought up.

I like and respect them both. I do like my 2nd gen better for me personally due to more room inside but If I were hardcore offroading I'd prefer the 1st gen. To each his own I say.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #73

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
I can't believe it took 52 post's before this was brought up.

I like and respect them both. I do like my 2nd gen better for me personally due to more room inside but If I were hardcore offroading I'd prefer the 1st gen. To each his own I say.
x2 on this, I think a 2nd gen is a lot more comfortable as a DD, but 1st gens tear shit up off road
Old 06-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #74
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
If you like your 1st gen then keep it, if you like the 2nd gen then go buy one...other than that, who gives a fuck
Old 06-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #75

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigo View Post
^^^ do I have to repeat my self?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
If you like your 1st gen then keep it, if you like the 2nd gen then go buy one...other than that, who gives a fuck
Old 06-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #76
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
To whom are you speaking sir?
Old 06-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #77

Quote:
^^^ do I have to repeat my self?
Your all about the cactus today, relax yourself, calm down, it'll be ok.
Silly 1st gens.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #78

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
To whom are you speaking sir?
hes new, cut him some slack
Old 06-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #79

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Your all about the cactus today, relax yourself, calm down, it'll be ok.
Silly 1st gens.
says the 5 lug
Old 06-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #80

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hes new, cut him some slack
Go fuck yourself with a cactus.