Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fuel economy....I should've done this long ago.....

Old 06-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
TheDaves00 is on a distinguished road
TheDaves00's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel economy....I should've done this long ago.....

So, in August of 2010 i put new tires on my Tacoma. All of a sudden I noticed a sharp decline in my fuel economy. I figured it must have been the tires, but it was way too drastic. Like, down from about 19 to 15, sometimes even as low as 12. FML.... Cleaned the air filter, (K&N) replaced the fuel filter, even considered Sea-Foam. Finally i changed the plugs and wires.....BOOM! I did a highway drive of about 150 miles, and was getting 23 mpg. What an idiot..... My truck is a 2000 3.4l with just over 90k. I couldn't be happier with the thing. Although I'm a little pissed that I blew so much money on gas the past couple years. That's all I got, just wanted to vent a bit.....
Old 06-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
TallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to beholdTallTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Army: FiSTers bring it fast and hard!
Name: Charles
TallTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What did the old plugs look like?
Old 06-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Would love to see pictures of the plugs/wires... I changed mine but didn't notice much of a difference...
Old 06-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
how are you measuring your mileage?
Old 06-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
TheDaves00 is on a distinguished road
TheDaves00's Tacoma Gallery
plugs and wires hadn't been changed since god knows when. I bought the truck with 39,000 ish miles. Changed the plugs/wires at around 90,000 miles. Don't know when/if they were ever changed before that.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #6
ailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedailll1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ailll1's Tacoma Gallery
Take pics!