Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tires

Old 06-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
B ryan is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
B ryan's Tacoma Gallery
Tires

Planning on buying new BFG km2's for my truck which has an ome suspension kit on it. I was wondering what size tires you all recommend? I'm thinking something in the 33x10.5 range. I'd like bigger but I drive a lot and I don't want the vehicle to sufffer. Anything bigger than that you think would still work fine in terms of gas millage and stock gearing? I have stock rims and plan on just sticking to them unless I can get a great package deal.
Thanks for the ideas.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
not sure how much lift you have, but I have 2.5 lift in the front and 2 in the back. I have 32x11.5x15 tires with no rubbing at all
Old 06-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #3
B ryan is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
B ryan's Tacoma Gallery
It's got 883 coils so I think it's got roughly 2 to 2.5 inches of lift. I actually had 32x11.5 originally on the truck and liked the width but just wanted something with a little taller stance. I would really like a 33x11.5 but I don't see that they make that size.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B ryan View Post
It's got 883 coils so I think it's got roughly 2 to 2.5 inches of lift. I actually had 32x11.5 originally on the truck and liked the width but just wanted something with a little taller stance. I would really like a 33x11.5 but I don't see that they make that size.
BFG makes the KM2s in 33x10.5 and 33x12.5 but I havent found 33x11.5
Old 06-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B ryan View Post
Planning on buying new BFG km2's for my truck which has an ome suspension kit on it. I was wondering what size tires you all recommend? I'm thinking something in the 33x10.5 range. I'd like bigger but I drive a lot and I don't want the vehicle to sufffer. Anything bigger than that you think would still work fine in terms of gas millage and stock gearing? I have stock rims and plan on just sticking to them unless I can get a great package deal.
Thanks for the ideas.

Buy a daily driver set and an off-road set. That will help the fuel mileage...