Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need New Rear Bumper - Have factory hitch

Old 06-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
Seminole is on a distinguished road
Seminole's Tacoma Gallery
Need New Rear Bumper - Have factory hitch

I have a '98 xtra cab 4wd. My chrome bumper is rusting out on one side. I've searched TW for after market bumpers but none of the offerings I have found allow for integration with the existing factory receiver hitch.

I have an ATV/utility trailer and I do a lot of towing. I would like to keep my factory hitch in place.

If anyone has any good suggestions, please let me know.

PS - please don't torch me and tell me to search. I've tried. Thanks
Old 06-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of them have integrated hitches in them so you could take off the factory one and still have a hitch... Have you considered that?
Old 06-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
A lot of them have integrated hitches in them so you could take off the factory one and still have a hitch... Have you considered that?
+1

then sell your factory hitch
Old 06-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
Seminole is on a distinguished road
Seminole's Tacoma Gallery
Integrated/new hitch is something to consider. I just need to be sure if I replace the factory one, that I don't lose tow capacity. In other words, I don't want something weak or cheesy. It needs to be solid.

Thanks for the replies If anyone has any examples or links, please post em up!
Old 06-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Integrated/new hitch is something to consider. I just need to be sure if I replace the factory one, that I don't lose tow capacity. In other words, I don't want something weak or cheesy. It needs to be solid.

Thanks for the replies If anyone has any examples or links, please post em up!
Go to the vendor section and have fun perusing.

Those bumpers are like Lou Feringo, while our stock bumper is like Ed Grimley
Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
I have a factory rear bumper in excellent condition I'll sell you for $75 + shipping. You'll need the frame brackets but it's in awesome shape.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
sonnytris is on a distinguished road
Air Force: a1c
sonnytris's Tacoma Gallery
will it fit my 03 taco ?