Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Water spraying in the window

Old 06-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
Geek with a gun
Cheesycook is on a distinguished road

Cheesycook's Tacoma Gallery
Question Water spraying in the window

Has anyone ever found a way to keep rain and window washer fluid from going right into the driver side window while driving? Mine did this with a set of wind deflectors and without. Just annoying everytime I get sprayed or water pools all over my window switches.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you need a high quality shirt on hand to soak up the water as it comes in... See my sig...

FYI, I haven't noticed it with my wind deflectors on mine???
Old 06-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
roll up the window.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmarshall1 View Post
roll up the window.
this^^^^
Old 06-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sorry for the sarcasm, it was too easy
Old 06-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
Geek with a gun

At least rolling up the window is an option now. You should have seen the look on my four year old daughter when I went through a mud puddle in florida in my topless Jeep. Now a happy camper.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesycook View Post
At least rolling up the window is an option now. You should have seen the look on my four year old daughter when I went through a mud puddle in florida in my topless Jeep. Now a happy camper.
She probably wanted to Daddy!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #9
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
never once had water come in the truck while washing my windshield. ?
If I go nuts with the fluid I'll get a few drops land on the top trim, even with the vent visors.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #10
Geek with a gun

Sounds like my aerodynamics are askew or I drive at completely the wrong speed.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:44 AM   #11
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesycook View Post
I did that to myself in my truck... Tried reversing in mud and forgot my rear pop out windows were open so they acted like a hood scoop and funneled all the mud right into my truck. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it out of my vents in the front.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #12
Geek with a gun

A river crossing may do the trick.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #13
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I gotta open the pop outs and do it backwards too then haha