Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fox 2.5 coilover Resi adjust to 3in lift

Old 06-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Fox 2.5 coilover Resi adjust to 3in lift

so i installed my fox's and idk how much the top collar on the spring needs to be tightened so im at 3in of lift(max lift) im running 1in uniball ucas so thats covered. i do need a spanner wrench but when i get a hold of one, i would like to know how much to crank them so im at 3in anyone know about this?
Old 06-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #2
tsfenrir is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Travis
tsfenrir's Tacoma Gallery
I just had mine rebuilt and adjusted a month ago. The guy told me that about every 1/4" of threads is about 1/2" of lift, so about a 2:1 ratio. Now every truck sits slightly different and unless you took before and after measurements, it may be a little difficult to determine how much of a lift you got. My driver side is cranked significantly higher than passenger. I placed a level on my hood in even terrain to get as accurate as possible. Hope this helps.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
tsfenrir is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Travis
tsfenrir's Tacoma Gallery
Just noticed you posted in 1st Gen. I do not know if what I suggested still applies, mine is for 2nd Gen. My apologies.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #4
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsfenrir View Post
I just had mine rebuilt and adjusted a month ago. The guy told me that about every 1/4" of threads is about 1/2" of lift, so about a 2:1 ratio. Now every truck sits slightly different and unless you took before and after measurements, it may be a little difficult to determine how much of a lift you got. My driver side is cranked significantly higher than passenger. I placed a level on my hood in even terrain to get as accurate as possible. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsfenrir View Post
Just noticed you posted in 1st Gen. I do not know if what I suggested still applies, mine is for 2nd Gen. My apologies.
Thankyou and no worries about the whole 2nd gen thing, some help is better then none thankyou
Old 06-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #6
06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Engineman
Name: Tanner
06yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Typically you would measure your before height for comparison. ( ie. hub to bottom of fender) also that 1/4" = 1/2" of lift is a rough estimate and is not necessarily fact for every brand of shock. I have the exact same setup you're running except I chose to be at 2 3/4" lift because I felt it rode smoother at that level. My measurement is 38 3/4" from ground to top of fender running 285/75/16 at 40 psi. You should be roughly at 39" depending on tire size and all the other factors you may have. G/L mine is 2nd gen though.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #7

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
yea..just crank until your happy really..Just keep an eye on your CV axles angle and you'll be fine.
no CV axles ha wish i did at times though
Old 06-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #8

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06yoda View Post
Typically you would measure your before height for comparison. ( ie. hub to bottom of fender) also that 1/4" = 1/2" of lift is a rough estimate and is not necessarily fact for every brand of shock. I have the exact same setup you're running except I chose to be at 2 3/4" lift because I felt it rode smoother at that level. My measurement is 38 3/4" from ground to top of fender running 285/75/16 at 40 psi. You should be roughly at 39" depending on tire size and all the other factors you may have. G/L mine is 2nd gen though.
thankyou i run 265/75/r16 so that could play a height factor too. and bein a first gen in all
Old 06-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBGW01 View Post
thankyou i run 265/75/r16 so that could play a height factor too. and bein a first gen in all
Get another stock 1st Gen to give you measurements from the center of the hub to the fender and start with that. That would take tire size out of the equation.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Judging by the pic in your gallery, you already have a rear lift? If so, simply crank the front coilovers until you sit level (as determined by fender height measurement).

If you want to be accurate with the measurement, park on a level surface with half a tank of fuel. Make sure the tire pressures are correct. Temporarily disconnect the sway bar (it would otherwise mask some side-to-side lean).

Old 06-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #11

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Judging by the pic in your gallery, you already have a rear lift? If so, simply crank the front coilovers until you sit level (as determined by fender height measurement).

If you want to be accurate with the measurement, park on a level surface with half a tank of fuel. Make sure the tire pressures are correct. Temporarily disconnect the sway bar (it would otherwise mask some side-to-side lean).

ya the orignal lift had me like 4 in high in the back! hah i dumped two leafs out per pack and had alot of wieght in the back. i only got like 200lbs of sand and my spare tire in the back. so it brought the back down a little. i bought a spanner wrench today, but its a bitch tryig to torque the ring on top of the coil with the shock installed. i got a bit of cali/bro lean now but it almost looks level. driver side is an inch shorter then passenger to but its because it was like that b4 the shocks and still needs to be cranked up more
Old 06-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #12
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
LOL, so the "Taco lean" affects 1st Gens too.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #13

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
LOL, so the "Taco lean" affects 1st Gens too.
Ya that damm taco lean! haha the whole passenger side sits a little higher! but ill fix that tomorow morning.